Confirmed with Link: Nino Niederreiter re-signs for 5 years/$5.25M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Great deal. Hope this forces Granlund's number down a bit and I can certainly see him asking for another year or two but this is workable and should have excellent value going forward.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was hoping for a $4.75m/yr contract (Chris Kreider). So it seems about a half million too high too me. I'm not unhappy with it though.

Nino needs to become a PKer, not the guy that gets sent to the penalty box when there is a bench penalty. Haula/Hanzal and Pommer are gone, so someone has to step up and fill that void on the PK. Ennis, Foligino, Stewie, and Zucker don't really fit the bill; and JEE is a rookie.

He drives possession, but he gets a lot of favorable matchups to help with that. I like Nino a lot, and think he's part of the future of the organization. I just want to see him be an all situations player. Not the limited minutes guy that needs some protected minutes.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I was hoping for a $4.75m/yr contract (Chris Kreider). So it seems about a half million too high too me. I'm not unhappy with it though.

Nino needs to become a PKer, not the guy that gets sent to the penalty box when there is a bench penalty. Haula/Hanzal and Pommer are gone, so someone has to step up and fill that void on the PK. Ennis, Foligino, Stewie, and Zucker don't really fit the bill; and JEE is a rookie.

He drives possession, but he gets a lot of favorable matchups to help with that. I like Nino a lot, and think he's part of the future of the organization. I just want to see him be an all situations player. Not the limited minutes guy that needs some protected minutes.

How is it is fault that he doesn't get pk time? Our that he gets less minutes?

He gets tougher match ups than all these players
Tarasenko
Arvidsson
Forsberg
Little
Rakell
Gaudreau
Spezza
Kuznestov

Does that help them with there possession stats as while are our they just good hockey players? They're good hockey players.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Our PK this year is going to be:

Koivu/Granlund
Staal/somebody
Coyle/somebody

Assuming we don't pick up a good PKing #4C. So Nino, like last year, is going to fighting with Parise and Zucker for those two spots. Maybe he'll beat one of them out, maybe he won't, but I'll take reliable 5v5 play all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad