Player Discussion Nino "El Nino" Niederreiter II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd like to see a lineup switch if Nino doesn't start scoring soon. Something like:

Vanek-Granlund-Pominville
Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Coyle-Fontaine

Last edited:

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
I'd like to see a lineup switch if Nino doesn't start scoring soon. Something like:

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Coyle-Fontaine

If you really wanna break that 1st line I think we should try

Parise-Koivu-Zucker
Nino-Granlund-Pommer
Vanek-Coyle-Fontaine

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What about

Parise-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Koivu-Fontaine
Vanek-Coyle-Pominville

or

Zucker-Granlund-Nino
Parise-Coyle-Fontaine
Vanek-Koivu-Pominville

or

Parise-Koivu-Fontaine
Zucker-Coyle-Nino

or

Vanek-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Coyle-Pominville
Parise-Koivu-Fontaine

or

Zucker-Granlund-Fontaine
Vanek-Koivu-Nino
Parise-Coyle-Pominville

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
He's been pretty invisible lately. He's one of my favorite players, when he's playing well. He really needs to find his game.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I like the idea of swapping pommer for Nino. Granny is more of a playmaker than zucker and parise does it all

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
What about

Parise-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Koivu-Fontaine
Vanek-Coyle-Pominville

or

Zucker-Granlund-Nino
Parise-Coyle-Fontaine
Vanek-Koivu-Pominville

or

Parise-Koivu-Fontaine
Zucker-Coyle-Nino

or

Vanek-Granlund-Nino
Zucker-Coyle-Pominville
Parise-Koivu-Fontaine

or

Zucker-Granlund-Fontaine
Vanek-Koivu-Nino
Parise-Coyle-Pominville

Like this one a lot.

JoCro11

Nov 30, 2015
Like this one a lot.

Definitely interesting. Granlund and Vanek play well together. Not to mention when Nino wins on the boards Vanek will have no problem going straight for the shot instead of cycling back. Zucker and Coyle's speed together could be dangerous, and give Pominville a little more space. Parise and Koivu play well together and might give Fontaine more quality offensive opportunities. I would try that for a game or two, see if there is chemistry. It shakes things up if nothing else!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I kinda like the idea of swapping pommer for Nino
Considering the PPG line is the only line we have scoring right now... if a move is to be made on that line, that's one I'd be in favor of trying.

Need something to jump start Nino and the other lines.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
He's working hard according to my scouting. Could be better positionally but is battling. Would like to see his teammates do set him up a little more so I can see that shot that devastated Varly'

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
I think Nino has improved significantly this year.His vision and passing are better. He has shelved that youthful stat driven ,shoot first at any cost Nino and matured into a team player. His problem with scoring has more to do with the lack of skilled offensive linemates than his ability to score when given the puck on time.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
He did have a couple of absolutely brilliant passes through coverage to wide open teammates last night (who didn't score). I do think he still needs to find that balance in his game between shooting and passing; he's been guilty (like most of the Wild...well, aside from last night) of trying to force passes when he really should just take the shot.

So hopefully last night's game is a step in the right direction for everybody :nod:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think Nino has improved significantly this year.His vision and passing are better. He has shelved that youthful stat driven ,shoot first at any cost Nino and matured into a team player. His problem with scoring has more to do with the lack of skilled offensive linemates than his ability to score when given the puck on time.

So Koivu and Zucker weren't skilled enough? Zucker isn't a great passer.. but still.

At this point I'm just excited to see who will end the season with more goals - Suter or Nino. :sarcasm:

(That's sarcasm for those that didn't get that)

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Haven't liked his game in a while.

When he's at his best, he's using his frame and driving to the net (with or without the puck). Seems the constant cycle game of that Zucker-Koivu-Nino line has driven him into a more perimeter based mindset. Needs to end. Coyle used to be the one who wanted to stay to outside and needed to model some of his game after Nino. Now he's putting pressure on the other team and getting to the high percentage areas.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Hey guys, not a wild fan. Just curious, is this guy at all available?

Do the wild have any specific needs? Thanks.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
So Koivu and Zucker weren't skilled enough? Zucker isn't a great passer.. but still.

At this point I'm just excited to see who will end the season with more goals - Suter or Nino. :sarcasm:

(That's sarcasm for those that didn't get that)

No. Zucker is not a great passer or assist guy. His vision is average.

Nino should should continue to play an unselfish game and shoot more. lol

He is currently suffering from bad puck luck syndrome but he is streaky. He could rip off ten goals in the next ten games..

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

Probably not, unless he doesn't improve over the course of his current contract. Right now he's locked in at an affordable 2.66M AAV until 2017-18. Very affordable top-6 winger with upside and size.

I'd say he might become available in 2017 - If the Wild decide he's not worth re-signing... But then your team likely won't be very interested. :P

Wild's needs are centers with high upside.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul

Wouldn't say he's untouchable or anything. Probably would not be involved in trade discussions short of a package returning a center upgrade over one of Koivu or Granlund.

Which is to say their only real position of need/interest outside of the organization is at Center.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Wouldn't say he's untouchable or anything. Probably would not be involved in trade discussions short of a package returning a center upgrade over one of Koivu or Granlund.

Which is to say their only real position of need/interest outside of the organization is at Center.

Okay thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No. Zucker is not a great passer or assist guy. His vision is average.

Nino should should continue to play an unselfish game and shoot more. lol

He is currently suffering from bad puck luck syndrome but he is streaky. He could rip off ten goals in the next ten games..

yup.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I've been really disappointed with Nino for the last several weeks. He's just not making an impact out there. He's good (not great) along the boards, but doesn't make plays or get into scoring areas like he used to. I'm glad they switched up the lines, and he showed a little fire last night, but he's just not playing well.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I actually thought he looked a lot better last night, and directly led to one of the goals (which could've easily been his). Hopefully he's about to snap out of the funk.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
One of the biggest picture of his recent struggles was when he goes behind the net, trips over Lundqvist, takes the puck away and still can't backhand it into the empty net as the penalty is being called :laugh:

I still think he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad