Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
As much value as Nils has now, he'll have even more once he gets to the NHL and shows he can do well at that level. Why trade him before then? Let him keep building value and if it makes sense to trade him down the road, then we do it. There's no rush.

let’s hope so. I could see any rookie taking a dip before the climb. Will Dolan wait out a dip? Team kinda has to win now. Two years from now his worth should be higher. By then, will the Rangers be winning or very desperate for something else? If only we had a crystal ball.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Nils WC, so season as well, seems over

"Update on Tre Kronor's World Cup squad: An injury stops Nils Lundkvist from further play in the tournament.

"Tre Kronor's team doctor Jonas Kalman comments: “After examinations today, it is unfortunately clear that Nils Lundkvist's injury makes it impossible to play more games during the World Cup. He will return home to Sweden for more examinations to be able to ensure the correct treatment of the injury. "

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The only thing I could think of is that perhaps he's less likely to be traded whilst injured.

Hope it's a thigh contusion, not a knee issue.
Leading all dmen in points having a terrific tournament. From look of impact looks like hyperextension of the knee but from the angle (like you said) could be thigh contusion injury. If it is the knee hopefully its just knee hyperextention or minor injury to the PCL.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
As much value as Nils has now, he'll have even more once he gets to the NHL and shows he can do well at that level. Why trade him before then? Let him keep building value and if it makes sense to trade him down the road, then we do it. There's no rush.
Counting our chickens before they hatch I see

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
By a landmile our best player so far in WC. He was the only one who was good in our first 2 games.

screenshot_1-png.439297

Just look at those stats, pure dominance.

Reactions: John Snow

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
When was the last time we saw a young defenseman play this well in the SHL and bomb out of the NHL? Rundblad?
True. But otoh (and ignoring all logic lol), when was the last time a team had 2nd overall and 1st overall look as meh as they have for us?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
With the injury, does that mean he can officially sign his ELC now? And if so, do you think the Rangers sign him and have whatever his injury is examined by one of their doctors?

Reactions: John Snow

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
With the injury, does that mean he can officially sign his ELC now? And if so, do you think the Rangers sign him and have whatever his injury is examined by one of their doctors?

if formally released by Team Sweden, i believe so, he will be free to sign

regardless when/whether signed, i bet NYR docs at least have the docs in Sweden send over the test results, scans and analysis

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
if formally released by Team Sweden, i believe so, he will be free to sign

regardless when/whether signed, i bet NYR docs at least have the docs in Sweden send over the test results, scans and analysis

Correct. It depends on when Sweden releases him now. If not, July 1st is the date to keep an eye on. And yes, the doctors in Sweden will obviously work together with the Rangers. I trust the doctors in Sweden to accurately diagnose what the issue is.

Reactions: RickChartraw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad