Nikolay Goldobin

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
LaBanc would not be scoring in the AHL like he is without Goldobin. Goldobin has made so many gorgeous feeds to LaBanc. Suggesting LaBanc is carrying Goldobin or speculating on his 'mindset' is dumb as hell. Goldobin is pulling his weight and then some on that line. And Chartier is hardly a passenger either. Those three have a lot of chemistry and their playstyles compliment each other very well.

It's amazing how many of you were swayed against Goldobin by a poor NHL camp.

Ya know who has a rep of 'giving up on plays' and floating? Timo Meier in the Q. He was so frustrating to watch. But I have confidence he'll figure it out, just like I have confidence Goldobin will.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Okay, see this is where we differ. Everytime we talk about Goldobin, it ends the same. I could post a quote by his coach talking about engagement and effort levels, but then you will say Sommer's opinion doesn't count. I could post something by KKurz critiquing his efforts at camp, but then you will say Kurz knows even less than Sommer.

You view Goldobin as a hard-working prospect whose efforts are finally paying off.

I view Goldobin as a player whose compete levels can waiver and is on a hot streak.

At the end of it, only time will tell. Let's agree to disagree. We can revisit his performance around Christmas and see where he is at!

If I am wrong, I will openly admit it. I hope you'll do the same.

Well-said, actually.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
It's Mueller that is at the most risk of a 1st round not panning out, not Goldobin at this point. If Goldobin turns out to be a bust, while Mueller becomes a solid first pairing, I'd be surprised.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I'd be happy with him being even a 3rd pairing. At least something in the NHL as opposed to be a complete waste of a 1st and 2nd round pick!

Or perhaps packaged with a 1st and another player to obtain an upgrade a la Carle, Wishart and 1st for Boyle.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Mueller is done. There's no chance he ever becomes even a second-pair NHL defenseman.

forget 2nd pair, he's a bust. zero chance at becoming anything other than a career AHL'er at this point. Biggest waste of a first round pick since Riihiijarvi.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
This is a Goldobin thread.. :dunno:

No, just another Raheem thread.

train-wreck-650x294.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad