Nikolaj Ehlers - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Ehler's is Magic

Ehler's looks like Magic to me- he can do it all. He's
fast, can lead a rush, great stickhandler, and a quick
hard, accurate shot. ( Kyle Conor also can do this)
I'll bet Ehler's scores 70-85 points this year

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Ehler's looks like Magic to me- he can do it all. He's
fast, can lead a rush, great stickhandler, and a quick
hard, accurate shot. ( Kyle Conor also can do this)
I'll bet Ehler's scores 70-85 points this year

[mod]

I think that's a bit too optimistic but it could definitely happen. I think 55-65pts is more likely.

I will say that he looks faster this year which is insane. I didn't think that was possible. If he becomes more consistent I think he could turn into one of the best offensive guys in the league.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I thought he played well last night. Drew two penalties in the first, if I was seeing correctly, hit the post at least once on the PP.

Would not have scored the tying goal had he not dived to stop the puck from exiting the zone.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I live Ehlers.
I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of

Laine-Chef-Wheels
Connor-MP-Ehlers
Mathias-Little-Stafford

I think Connor and MP compliment Ehlers beautifully. This isn't a knock on Little at all either. Just think thesee parts fit better. It's kinda like a 2a and 2b line combination who can play equal minutes

Last edited:

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
I live Ehlers.
I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of

Laine-Chef-Wheels
Connor-MP-Ehlers
Mathias-Little-Stafford

I think Connor and MP compliment Ehlers beautifully. This isn't a knock on Little at all either. Just think thesee parts fit better. It's kinda like a 2a and 2b line combination who can play equal minutes

I'm not sure that Icing a line with the combined weight of Byfuglien is the best idea. Sure thats exaggeration but that line is(would be) tiiiiny.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I'm not sure that Icing a line with the combined weight of Byfuglien is the best idea. Sure thats exaggeration but that line is(would be) tiiiiny.

Matty P plays like a 260 pounder. I used to believe size was important but I'm not so sure in today's game. If Matty P rubs off on these 2 guys I don't think it will be an issue. Plus our back end is enormous for the most part.

Good sticks, tenacious forechecking, blazing speed and so much skill.... I'd at least like to take a 5 or 6 game look at them.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
I am a huge Ehlers fan, and I think he can do things on ice that blows my mind. Season is still young I know, but despite his technical abillities I think he brings too little output. Not enough points and not enough shots on goal. In that regard I am actually a bit worried about this year could become a sophomore year for him, if you can call it that if he ends up with 35-40 point in 82 games this year.

He doesnt have enough games with two or more points to really get it going.

The Little injury hasnt helped tho

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I am a huge Ehlers fan, and I think he can do things on ice that blows my mind. Season is still young I know, but despite his technical abillities I think he brings too little output. Not enough points and not enough shots on goal. In that regard I am actually a bit worried about this year could become a sophomore year for him, if you can call it that if he ends up with 35-40 point in 82 games this year.

He doesnt have enough games with two or more points to really get it going.

The Little injury hasnt helped tho

Had the same thought!

Has anyone noticed he has very little chemistry with stafford and Burmi? as soon as he is with wheels, laine or scheif, he comes out to play.

But he wasnt on the ice that much yesterday? I think connor and Laine both had more toi than him.

Was a little pissed Laine didnt pass to Ehlers, then he scored :laugh:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ehlers has been one of the Jets best forwards this season, despite being shuffled around a bit. He is an offensive genius, and very good at zone exits and entries. I think he could have a very big season if he settles in with some complementary linemates.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Had the same thought!

Has anyone noticed he has very little chemistry with stafford and Burmi? as soon as he is with wheels, laine or scheif, he comes out to play.

But he wasnt on the ice that much yesterday? I think connor and Laine both had more toi than him.

Was a little pissed Laine didnt pass to Ehlers, then he scored :laugh:

agree. he has very good chemistry with Wheels, Scheif and seems to click with Laine. would be sweet to see possibly a L S E line for one game. He needs to play with players as skilled as himself which Staff and burmi don't make the cut, I don't think M.P. has the skill set to play with him either.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
With all the talk about Laine and Connor coming up, Ehlers may have been a bit forgotten. He made sure that that did not last long.

Speed
Skill
IQ

He has the full package.
What an absolute beauty of a pass last night.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
agree. he has very good chemistry with Wheels, Scheif and seems to click with Laine. would be sweet to see possibly a L S E line for one game. He needs to play with players as skilled as himself which Staff and burmi don't make the cut, I don't think M.P. has the skill set to play with him either.

Agree, altough MP, is the one I see click best with him of the three. He just doesnt think the game as fast as Ehlers.

With all the talk about Laine and Connor coming up, Ehlers may have been a bit forgotten. He made sure that that did not last long.

Speed
Skill
IQ

He has the full package.
What an absolute beauty of a pass last night.

Actually saw a few leaf posters say Ehlers had low hockey IQ, and that he was not a smart player in their GDT, last night :laugh:

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
At the draft, the analysts said that Nylander and Ehlers were pretty much on par and played a similar style (in comparison to Nick Ritchie). I think Ehlers has more of a rugged edge to his skill than Nylander (who is more a pure finesse player). However, both are much better than that hulking beast Ritchie.

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
So I am a big Ehlers fan, being a Mooseheads season ticket holder and seeing him play here.
I also picked him in a hockey pool here at work, but I was pretty bummed to see he is no longer with Schieffle and Wheeler.

How is the prognosis for him this year? Will the line he is on gel ? Will he be moved again? Thoughts please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad