Speculation: Nikolai Kulemin 2012?

LeeIs

....--....
Mar 17, 2004
T.O.
Kulemin was such a force that year he broke out. I would love to see a repeat performance from him. More consistency also.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
can't see him staying on the 3rd line

agree he's going to have a bounce back year

He'll be competing against Lupul, and JVR for minutes. He'd have to bounce real high.

Kulemin is the ideal Carlyle 3rd liner. He can be relied on in defensive situations, but has enough offense to be a legit threat to score.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i see him returning to 20+ goal form.

Last year something was ****ed up with him though. One of my favourite players on the team and the only current member i have a jersey of.

But really, last year sticks out as an off year, his rookie + soph year back him up and IMO, nothing went right for him last year it was as if he forgot the game. He'll be fine, maybe not 30 goal close to 60 points that we saw, but 45-50 points and 20 goals (82 games) which is fine with me.

Frattin is begin the climb this year and might take opportunities from him though

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
He'll be competing against Lupul, and JVR for minutes. He'd have to bounce real high.

Kulemin is the ideal Carlyle 3rd liner. He can be relied on in defensive situations, but has enough offense to be a legit threat to score.
very little works out as we expect

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
3/5 of a season so anything over 30pts is solid production. Not sure what to make of his KHL season in light of playing with Malkin. He produced almost as well as Kovalchuk over there, but so did Patrick Thoreson so we can't go overboard, altho I can't picture his strong KHL time not giving him more momentum then he had at any time last season. A great way to rebuild confidence and he will be miles ahead of half the league in conditioning.
I don't see him as a 3rd liner unless they stick with rolling 3 offensive lines all year. He only managed 13pts of his 57pt season on the pp so I think he can thrive in a 3 scoring line environment.

guelphleafsfan

Oct 19, 2009
I wouldnt be surprised if he hit the 50pt marker in this short season! Hes a beast, and has great hockey sense

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I think he will be back in the 25g-50pt range. I'm looking forward to him this year.

I think that 10/11 was a dream year for all three linemates, everyone just lucked out IMO. I think Kulemin has an NHL heavy shot but hes' not creative at all, and hes not good at driving the net, that coupled with 3rd line minutes I really think he's a 20-25/45-50 pt player.

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
I think that 10/11 was a dream year for all three linemates, everyone just lucked out IMO. I think Kulemin has an NHL heavy shot but hes' not creative at all, and hes not good at driving the net, that coupled with 3rd line minutes I really think he's a 20-25/45-50 pt player.

He's pretty great at driving the net. Check out his goals, most of them are within 4 feet of the net.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
As a closet Leaf fan, I hope he bounces back and does well. On the other hand, if he doesn't get the ice time and flops... maybe my Pens can get him? :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad