Confirmed Signing with Link: Nikolai Khabibulin signs 1 year contract with Torpedo in the KHL

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Out of money somehow and has connections with the mob that has subsequently "convinced" that organisation to give a contract?

Lol. I kid, of course. But what in the actual f***.

Reactions: G Backup

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Even one game played would be impressive!

I still remember 2002 and Khabby owes me an Ikea table! I smashed it after a save on Dopita!

Reactions: G Backup

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
200w.webp

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The bulin wall may as well be called the Berlin wall now for how long it feels like since he was relevant.

Reactions: VanIslander

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
When asked what the new goaltender has been up to for the previous few years, his agent replied "Nikolai Has-Been-Boozin'."

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Didn't Torpedo GM say that Khabibullin deserved 'a beautiful career finale' in autumn? Anyway, I don't get it.

A comparison to Kovalchuk isn't exactly fair: a goaltender can't exactly get sheltered minutes, and Kovy is an incredible athlete just 2 seasons removed from winning a Gagarin cup (in a limited role, but still).

I hope old man plays a couple games, gets lit up and curbs that trend of former greats trying to play in the K.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Didn't Torpedo GM say that Khabibullin deserved 'a beautiful career finale' in autumn? Anyway, I don't get it.

A comparison to Kovalchuk isn't exactly fair: a goaltender can't exactly get sheltered minutes, and Kovy is an incredible athlete just 2 seasons removed from winning a Gagarin cup (in a limited role, but still).

I hope old man plays a couple games, gets lit up and curbs that trend of former greats trying to play in the K.

I guess? Marian Hossa had that weird farewell game last Summer.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Apparently the main reasoning for the signing wasn't about having him play, but more about Torpedo wanting to reach the KHL salary floor by adding Khabibulin's coaching salary to the player salary budget.

Reactions: vorky

Nogatco Rd

Owner & Operator, HFBoards LLC
Apr 3, 2021
Apparently the main reasoning for the signing wasn't about having him play, but more about Torpedo wanting to reach the KHL salary floor by adding Khabibulin's coaching salary to the player salary budget.
Savvy move.
If the Lightning want to make a splash at the deadline this year maybe we see Stamkos or Hedman added to Cooper’s staff?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad