• Evgeni Malkin

Votes: 251 67.3%

• Total voters

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Alright then, don’t address anything else I said

Anyway I checked for you - . Kucherov is 1.16 and Malkin was 1.15. Unfortunate for Kuch is he doesn’t have those early good seasons to prop those numbers up when he hits his twilight years. I don’t think that’ll stick at the end of the day. When he hasn’t left his prime you want that number more impressive than that where later it’ll drop . This isn’t making the argument you think it is. In fact it’s just backing up mine
His game will age well, though. He isn't reliant on speed like most at the top are. Malkin in a straight line would run over the Empire state building whereas Kucherov is more elegant and plays the game differently.

You're bashing his opinion based on the future and saying it backs up your argument, but you have no idea how his career ends up. Silly argument.

Reactions: Voight

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
His game will age well, though. He isn't reliant on speed like most at the top are. Malkin in a straight line would run over the Empire state building whereas Kucherov is more elegant and plays the game differently.

You're bashing his opinion based on the future and saying it backs up your argument, but you have no idea how his career ends up. Silly argument.
It’s a silly argument to say Kucherovs ppg will drop in his later years? I guess he’ll do what Sid, Mario, and Wayne couldn’t and fend off Father Time.

Come on man.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
You're talking about ppg, based in the past, not the future. It's a comparison of what's already been done, not what may.
What? He was trying to tell me Kucherovs production is better because his era adjusted ppg is higher. My point is Kucherovs era adjusted points should be higher without the aforementioned twighlight years weighing it down. Malkin’s was quite a bit higher than Kucherovs is now. If he were truly on the same level as Malkin you’d see a decent margin inbetween them since Kucherov only has prime years and “is more productive”.

These averages only go down as the players age

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Malkin did what he did with scrub linemates , not 90 point centers. (Not to mention the difficulty of having to do it from the second line where he sees less ice time per game)

Kucherov has no Smyth and still couldnt match Genos 09 run.
Malkin averaged 22:31 per game that season, in total over three hours more time on ice than Kucherov ever had. Including over two hours more power play (PP1).

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Malkin averaged 22:31 per game that season, in total over three hours more time on ice than Kucherov ever had. Including over two hours more power play (PP1).
Kucherov is averaging 21:30 this year. Career wise they’re the same.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Malkin is definitely the better player. That said, I do think Kucherov has done a better job of maximizing his abilities and left less on the table. I think Kucherov's game will probably age better too. That said, as great as his peak has been since 2018, Malkin has him beat with his 2008-2012 peak.

Reactions: Hoek

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
The question is about their prime. Not who was better at age 19.
I mean it’s still Malkin.. Malkin’s prime is one of the best playoff runs ever on top of two Art Rosses and three cups. Kucherov is probably passing Kane in prime though. And who cares if he was 19. Malkin was better, longer. A longer prime.

If Kucherov can put up another memorable Art Ross and Lindsay season , then let’s talk. Now, nope.

Reactions: sanscosm

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I mean it’s still Malkin.. Malkin’s prime is one of the best playoff runs ever on top of two Art Rosses and three cups. Kucherov is probably passing Kane in prime though. And who cares if he was 19. Malkin was better, longer. A longer prime.

If Kucherov can put up another memorable Art Ross and Lindsay season , then let’s talk. Now, nope.
Actually not a longer prime. Malkin’s prime was only like five years lol.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Actually not a longer prime. Malkin’s prime was only like five years lol.

Malkin’s prime essentially began the moment he stepped foot in the NHL and scored a goal in each of his first 7 games. Even being picky it began in his 2nd season where he finished 2nd in points. Fast forward a decade later…

There he is just ahead of Kucherov in points per game

Then two seasons later

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Malkin’s prime essentially began the moment he stepped foot in the NHL and scored a goal in each of his first 7 games. Even being picky it began in his 2nd season where he finished 2nd in points. Fast forward a decade later…

There he is just ahead of Kucherov in points per game

Then two seasons later

He only has one top ten point finish since 2011-12.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad