Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
MacKinnon pumps his total to 122. It should go without saying, but for those who want the close race between all three, a huge game from McDavid and a pointless game from Kucherov would make this the closest it has been between all three pretty much all season.

However, I expect the race to look like this by the end of the day.

Kucherov 125
MacKinnon 122
McDavid 118

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Now I’m just interested
I’m guessing b?

Joe DiMaggio won the MVP over Ted Williams in spite of this disparity in numbers. Joe DiMaggio won the MVP because of (Yankees ahem) and because of his 56 game hitting streak. During Joe DiMaggio’s hitting streak, he hit .388, whereas Ted Williams hit .406 for an entire season.

If you apply the Joe D standard, the 34 game streak matters, no?

And never mind Gretzky. Joe D is not an MLB equivalent of Wayne G.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
What a race. Obviously I’m partial to Mackinnon as an Avs fan, but good lord Kuch is putting on a show the last few games. Exciting race.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
MacKinnon is definitely running away with the Hart barring something really unexpected.

Scoring race is still anybodys game. But Colorado seems to play against a lot of easy opponents to finish the season. Nate will light up the Habs tonight.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I think Mac wins the Hart but if Mcdavid gets 100 assists and Matthews gets 70 goals it will make for a difficult vote for a lot of people.
I can see the argument, but don't really agree. McDavid is hands down more talented. Matthews can pot goals. Mack wills his team to win on both ends of the ice.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
MacKinnon is definitely running away with the Hart barring something really unexpected.

Scoring race is still anybodys game. But Colorado seems to play against a lot of easy opponents to finish the season. Nate will light up the Habs tonight.
Easy? They still play every NHL team throughout the regular season, and to this point he's very much in the race.

Reactions: Ncit3

dalewood12

Oct 9, 2017
My money is on McDavid. Never bet against McDavid for the scoring race.

Regardless of who wins the Art Ross, I still think MacKinnon wins the Hart.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yeah, but the remining schedule for Avs seems the easiest.
Huh? After tonight they play the Rags & Preds, you know, the team that never loses.

Then in April, they play the Oilers and Wild twice. In addition to that they have games against Vegas, Jets, Stars & Blue Jackets.

IF Nate wins the scoring race he truly deserves it. But i guess that goes for the two as well.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Yeah, but the remining schedule for Avs seems the easiest.
Does this not mean that the current points for Kucherov and McDavid came against easy teams? Hopefully Mack takes advantage of the easy games upcoming that the other two got earlier in the year.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Does this not mean that the current points for Kucherov and McDavid came against easy teams? Hopefully Mack takes advantage of the easy games upcoming that the other two got earlier in the year.
Of course. And fair point above that Avs schedule isnt that easy. I was going off memory.

Reactions: johla321
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad