Player Discussion Nicolas Deslauriers - Un Gars D'Chez Nous Edition

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Don't do this please. This organisation trades everbody who shows heart, passion and emotion. Don't trade Deslauriers and try to keep him on a string, it won't work out well.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I'll eat crow on the kid. Has a lot of fire.

You know, if he takes a long term deal with a low cost, I'd keep him around. Otherwise just keep him for next season and see if this was just a hot streak.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
To me, Nicolas Deslauriers is pretty much the only good thing in this awful year (+ Gallagher). His intensity in the offensive zone, his overall awareness on the ice and the fact he doesn't hesitate to crash the net is very impressive. We now have an offensive 4th line and that's because he's on this line. I would sign him already: 4 years, 1.5 M/ year. He knows he's a 4 liner =P.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
He's not he plays on the first line.

I would play him on the first as well. If you don't have the skill I would take the will everyday. My current first line built on will to play alone right now would be Galchenyuk, Gallagher and Deslauriers. Galchenyuk has looked like he has woken up recently. I would easily throw Byron in there too.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Best cellies in the league ainec

I'll repost his cellies here, since they're bound to get buried in a GDT thread.

238qzc.gif

238xup.gif

238y2q.gif

238yrk.gif

238ylu.gif

238zpt.gif

238ziq.gif

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'll eat crow on the kid. Has a lot of fire.

You know, if he takes a long term deal with a low cost, I'd keep him around. Otherwise just keep him for next season and see if this was just a hot streak.
What is the life expectancy of a 26yo 4th liner in the NHL?...
I wouldn't give him more than a year. There just is no need for it. I would stretch it for two years at the most.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
And now, other D'Lo moments of badassery or just plain D'Lo from the Block, including a Mike Bossy exclusive goal certification:

238z4y.gif

2390p4.jpg

23914z.jpg

239170.jpg

2390wx.jpg

2390if.jpg

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Deslauriers played effectively in Buffalo when he was motivated. When not motivated he was a complete passenger.

He is currently motivated in Montreal, and it shows.

He's over achieving right now; but hey, good on him!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't give him more than a year. There just is no need for it. I would stretch it for two years at the most.

I dunno about labeling him a 4th liner...He looks to be showing he is more than just that.If Habs can get him locked up reasonable for next 3 -4 years(like Paul Byron) go for it .

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Keep him away from Darche and make sure he understands his role.
Chucky and Drouin are both more comfortable with a player who has their back.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

well you gotta keep some players. he's worth the risk of a few more years. i'm sure he won't be able to ask for much.

Like it or not MB can find solid bottom 6ers. Weise, Byron, Danault. Like he won't get more than like 2.5 at like 4 years. And that would be even stretching it but still fine really. If we're gonna trade Shaw and Pacioretty his contract wouldn't hurt us at all.

Totally fine on a low level gamble. It's not like he's gonna get anywhere near something that would hamper us.

Some guys find their stride a bit later. It happens. I'd take the risk of a slight overpayment.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I dunno about labeling him a 4th liner...He looks to be showing he is more than just that.If Habs can get him locked up reasonable for next 3 -4 years(like Paul Byron) go for it .
Showing more over the span of what...28 games? Laraque scored 13G 29pts one season..It doesn't mean he was much more than a scrapper. Let's see if he can keep up for the rest of the year and actually repeat before claiming he is anything more than a 4th liner.
I want no part of him for 4 years even if it's at 1M. Those bottom liners have very difficult and intense jobs. Give them 4 year security and human nature will make them press less on the gaz pedal. You got keep those guys hungry.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
well you gotta keep some players. he's worth the risk of a few more years. i'm sure he won't be able to ask for much.

Like it or not MB can find solid bottom 6ers. Weise, Byron, Danault. Like he won't get more than like 2.5 at like 4 years. And that would be even stretching it but still fine really. If we're gonna trade Shaw and Pacioretty his contract wouldn't hurt us at all.

Totally fine on a low level gamble. It's not like he's gonna get anywhere near something that would hamper us.

Some guys find their stride a bit later. It happens. I'd take the risk of a slight overpayment.
Listen this isn't about the money. I mean, 1M or 2M, that is not going to be the problem with our cap.
The issue is the term. You don't give 4th liners 4 year deals.

Everyone can find solid bottom 6 players. We did it before Bergevin too with Darche, Halpern, Moore, Begin, Moen, Smolinsky, Metropolit, Lapierre...I mean the last two scored 16 and 15 goals for us.
Heck, you can even include Kostopoulos in there, who despite being a terrible fighter, was still a pretty decent bottom liner and generally reliable.
I don't really know when getting bottom line players suddenly became a difficult thing and a recognizable accomplishment.

I don't mind re-signing him, I'm all for it actually, but at the most for 2 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad