Waived: Nicolas Aube-Kubel

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
They are trying to save some cap space by using cheaper options. Some Flyers fan are not happy with this.
But reading news clips from Philly, they see him as a goner for good, because he apparently fell off a cliff the last two seasons.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What do you like about the player, more than say a Barre Boulet?

If Barré-Boulet wants to stick around, he'd have to find a way to be a top 6. Which he probably won't be able to. What NAK is the ability to be a bottom 6 player that would need to improve his skating but his IQ is there. So less ceiling for NAK. But more possibilities for him.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Barré-Boulet wants to stick around, he'd have to find a way to be a top 6. Which he probably won't be able to. What NAK is the ability to be a bottom 6 player that would need to improve his skating but his IQ is there. So less ceiling for NAK. But more possibilities for him.

I'm for picking up any young player that might benefit us down the line.

I'm all in on the tank, so I'm less keen on picking up players that will make us better this year.

I suspect MB is not dumb enough to not make sure our pick is top 10 this year. Losing out on a top 10 pick for Dvorak or to ensure we finsh this season just out of the playoffs even he knows would be a huge mistake.

Jul 6, 2016

I'm all in on the tank, so I'm less keen on picking up players that will make us better this year.

I suspect MB is not dumb enough to not make sure our pick is top 10 this year. Losing out on a top 10 pick for Dvorak or to ensure we finsh this season just out of the playoffs even he knows would be a huge mistake.
The mistake was to agree to such a deal. Should had been the worst one of the two draft picks whatever those picks were.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The mistake was to agree to such a deal. Should had been the worst one of the two draft picks whatever those picks were.

Definitely. But the deal is done. Now, we really need a top 10 (or 5) pick.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Oh, and I expect Senators to have interest anyway. They're desperate for bottom 6 forwards, have a ton of cap space & now pick ahead of us because of that win last night.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Alas, he remains our favourite Idiot Savant.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I don't understand the Belzile hate. What is it that he's doing wrong. Our fourth line has been almost exclusively in the O-zone in most of the games we played, they've been very reliable defensively too. When is the last time they got scored on?

Gotta loose the stats a bit and preconceived notions and actually watch them play.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Was reading Flyers blogs about him and apparently he’s been balls for the past two years after having a hot start.
If Berg didn’t already load up on Québécois in the off-season I could see him picking him up. But after not grabbing B-B, I see little chance he grabs A-K.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't understand the Belzile hate. What is it that he's doing wrong. Our fourth line has been almost exclusively in the O-zone in most of the games we played, they've been very reliable defensively too. When is the last time they got scored on?

Gotta loose the stats a bit and preconceived notions and actually watch them play.

Belzile actually looks faster this year. He's been fine on the 4th line. Yeah, they're probably not going to score a lot of goals, but they provide energy & work ethic, and, yes, have spent a good deal of time in offensive zone over defensive zone.

NAK would also put us at 49 contracts, and comes with a $1.075m contract. This should be a definite pass for us

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Belzile is underappreciated.

Solid defensively and has some offense to his game.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
i really thought we might take a shot on him but I honestly think MB doesn't look at moves that like based just off helping Laval. As Belzile would be very welcome back in Laval and we could really use his offense.

Jul 6, 2016
Good enough for Colorado. Not good enough for us. Makes perfect sense.

Not good enough for every teams below Colorado in the standings, too, not even Arizona or Ottawa.

Perreault and Byron will be back soon, and they will have to dump Paquette, Belzile and Brooks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad