Post-Game Talk: NICKY BOBBY FOR THE WIN! | 3-2 Leafs in OT

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
and as i said , you can keep blaming the goalie all you like because one more early loss and your buddy Dubie will be out he door

hell , judging by how wound up him and Keefe are already , Shanny might be looking to replace one or both much sooner

Meh, fanboying or hating means little to me.

I just want the team to win and we are a goalie stepping up away from that. (along with finding some 4th line chemistry)

As far as Keefe goes, "Show me a good coach and Ill show you a good goalie" is one of the axioms of hockey for a reason.

The fact that Keefe has that good a record intrigues me. Maybe the best winning record of that sample size without above-average goaltending that I can find. I think he may be better than you think.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

I just want the team to win and we are a goalie stepping up away from that. (along with finding some 4th line chemistry)

As far as Keefe goes, "Show me a good coach and Ill show you a good goalie" is one of the axioms of hockey for a reason.

The fact that Keefe has that good a record intrigues me. Maybe the best winning record of that sample size without above-average goaltending that I can find. I think he may be better than you think.
if you want a good goalie then we should hire Trotz , he never has a goalie issue

and your one of Dubie's biggest supporters , your just much more subtle than most of them

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncus13

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don't know. Maybe. This board has convinced me that even when Toronto is losing they most definitely winning. That the unfair flat cap, COVID, and the referees always keep them down. All of a sudden it's early May and the Leafs are at their cottages. It's when I see them at their cottages that I finally realize the weight of expected/hypothetical statistics.
That is on you.

Reactions: thinkblue

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
826CBE0E-D821-411D-A04B-9FE4EB4A8F04.jpeg

Reactions: AvroArrow

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

I would never give him that much credit. He's also had plenty of opportunities to put teams away in the playoffs. It wasn't always goaltending...

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Mo with the terrible play down deep to create a 2on1. Then he’s the last one back. Luckily Robertson plays better D than him. Reilly is such a liability 3 on 3.

Reactions: Uncus13 and Al14

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Nah, the Leafs tend not to hand out stupid contracts like that until the players have actually shown that they might be able to earn them. Wanna talk about Nick Suzuki or Tim Stuzle?
Handing out an early 8x8 playfully is just how people casually say good job here. He's not serious.

Reactions: Racer88

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Mo with the terrible play down deep to create a 2on1. Then he’s the last one back. Luckily Robertson plays better D than him. Reilly is such a liability 3 on 3.
It was a brutal Marner turnover with 2 fried linemates that caused the rush. That was after he mishandled it at the blueline and got spooked by Benn.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Tampa had a boatload of skill and a pack mentality and will swarm anyone they see fit.

You probably hadn’t seen them prior to last year’s playoffs, but I first took notice a few years ago, in a series against Boston after the Bruins eliminated the Leafs. I got the feeling back then that they’d be in a position to win a Cup.
Case in point…. OT in Fla.

Uncus13

Sep 11, 2017
Apparently you missed that both Clifford and Simmonds are shells of the players they were and you ain't actually GETTING any toughness out of either of them. For all the grousing about the three-name guys, at least they hit; Simmonds doesn't really even do that much anymore. And we don't know if Clifford can still hit, because he's too slow to catch anybody for a hit anyway.
It is easy to see that when Dubas gets the heave hoo many on this site will be totally screwed. I hope they leave while the real men play a game that wasn't meant to be nice and cuddly.
Also, we already know that the rest of the team has no balls ... Perry has no speed yet manages to cause disruption whenever he is on the ice .... Reeves hammers people and can't keep up, engval can skate like the wind, yet only does pirouettes and flybys. You really don't have a clue.

Reactions: hotpaws

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4