Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Odds he gets 9 games?

2 just about 100 pt seasons in Jr, do you let him dominate and play U20s

Or get acclimatised to C in the NHL when wins don't matter - like we should've done with Chucky

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Suzuki is a winger.

Not super thrilled about that, really wanted a first.

Wouldve prefered Glass/Hague, too.

Meh, still a good return. I hope we flip Tatar for a 2nd.

Max would still be in Montreal if Habs were asking for Glass or Hague, unfortunately. Vegas wouldn't trade their top forward prospect or their top defense prospect.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Odds he gets 9 games?

2 just about 100 pt seasons in Jr, do you let him dominate and play U20s

Or get acclimatised to C in the NHL when wins don't matter - like we should've done with Chucky

No rush to bring him in. Patience is the key for Montreal with their prospects. They brought in Peca, brought back Plekanec, and extended DLR and Danault so no need for Suzuki in Montreal.

Even as a winger, there's no room for Suzuki.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Real happy we got Suzuki back, I've been a huge fan of his for the past 2 years. He's got a great motor and all the offensive tools you'd want. Solid kid all around. I'm not that sure he'll be a winger either, he's been really good as a center in OS, he can really do both.

Reactions: DAChampion

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Suzuki is a winger.

Not super thrilled about that, really wanted a first.

Wouldve prefered Glass/Hague, too.

Meh, still a good return. I hope we flip Tatar for a 2nd.

He’s not a winger. He plays all 3 forward d positions and is one of the best centers in the CHL and will likely center for team Canada at the WJHC as well as modeling his game after P. Bergeron.

He may not play center in the nhl right away but I don’t see how with his speed, skill, IQ and great 2-way play how he doesn’t end up there. His advanced stats blew away Hirschier and Nolan’s. He could be the best center in that draft.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He’s not a winger. He plays all 3 forward d positions and is one of the best centers in the CHL and will likely center for team Canada at the WJHC as well as modeling his game after P. Bergeron.

He may not play center in the nhl right away but I don’t see how with his speed, skill, IQ and great 2-way play how he doesn’t end up there. His advanced stats blew away Hirschier and Nolan’s. He could be the best center in that draft.
Ive seen him a lot, liked his game at W way more than at C. Not saying hes Drouin, because theres a world of difference between the two, but his ability is similar, I say hes more effective at W. Hope Im wrong, because that would mean hes a 1C, because I think he can be a great 1W.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Actually, Suzuki is what Drouin was supposed to be. Hes one of the most dynamic players out there, he doesnt have the heavy shot Pasta possess.
I don't think they're clones...but similar attributes.

Pastrnak is an absolute stud though, so quite a ways for him to reach that level.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I suggest a subtitle to this thread:

Nick Suzuki: The Nature of Things

2hlt3b.jpg

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well, if we have a mediocre season as opposed to a bad one and end up picking in the 8-12 range, maybe now we can draft his brother Ryan and try to recreate the Rocket and Pocket Rocket magic.

And to echo WTK, I think he’s the best offensive prospect in our system now.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, if we have a mediocre season as opposed to a bad one and end up picking in the 8-12 range, maybe now we can draft his brother Ryan and try to recreate the Rocket and Pocket Rocket magic.

And to echo WTK, I think he’s the best offensive prospect in our system now.
In a world where being strong, tall and having a huge reach are skills, I disagree.

Theres also Scherback, I dont think Suzuki is that far off from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad