Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki : The Nature of Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
AHL would be the best. But he has nothing to show for in the CHL and shouldn't be rushed into the NHL either.

As I wrote in the other thread, I like what GMGM had to say when he was questioned about whether Suzuki and any of the other young drafted players, should be considered for the NHL roster this coming season:

McPhee also said he doesn’t believe teenagers belong in the NHL and the team must take more responsibility to develop their prospects properly. “Smartest thing we can do is take our time and develop them,” McPhee said.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I have no idea of his overall game but his style and puck control definitely remind me of Patrice Bergeron.

Reactions: DAChampion

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Center or a winger, this kid has talent and very skilled, his passes are amazing and his release is very quick, he just needs to get bolder and he's set for NHL! I still can't believe we got this kid! I called my dad and he said the same thing, he actually thought the return would be shitty but damn! Very excited!

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think he ends up being a winger tbh. And with our prospect pool being center heavy, I am fine with it.

I don't know about that. None of our other center prospects are as dynamic as he is. He profiles as a true no. 1C, it would be a mistake not to exploit that potential at a position that he can excel at.

Reactions: cphabs and Toene

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know about that. None of our other center prospects are as dynamic as he is. He profiles as a true no. 1C, it would be a mistake not to exploit that potential at a position that he can excel at.
Oh for sure, I'd love for him to be a center. Just saying that with Kotkaniemi and Poehling, it wouldn't be the end of the world if Suzuki ends up being a winger.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I think he ends up being a winger tbh. And with our prospect pool being center heavy, I am fine with it.

It's really not that center heavy...some won't turn into centers, some won't make the NHL. And among those who do make the NHL, they won't all reach their potential. I'm hoping for Hughes next year tbh

Jesperi Kotkaniemi (C)
Ryan Poehling (C)
Jacob Olofsson (C)
Joni Ikonen (C/RW)
Allan McShane (C)
Cameron Hillis (C)
Cole Fonstad (LW/C)
Lukas Vejdemo (C/W)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Reactions: Runner77

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
@417

It's over. It's finally over.

dr-evil-crying1.gif

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
1C - Kotkaniemi
2C - Poehling
3C - Olofsson

It’s fine if Suzuki turns out to be a winger. Even if one of those bust; there’s still chances that Hillis or McShane exceed expectations and become NHL C’s. It’s gonna be a long season but there’s a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: Redux91

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki is a winger.

Not super thrilled about that, really wanted a first.

Wouldve prefered Glass/Hague, too.

Meh, still a good return. I hope we flip Tatar for a 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad