Prospect Info: Nick Suzuki Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Size alone might not be as big of a deal as it used to but like I said I have other concerns. How many undersized players with below average skating and lack of intensity thrive in the NHL? That plus the fact that hes never impressed me makes me not particularly high on him.
False dillema. How many players have the talent that suzuki possess?

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Suzuki will destroy the AHL under their new management. I don’t think he is slow at all. Suzuki uses all of his abilities in concert. Think about it for a bit. He’s fast when he needs to be, stick handles when necessary, shoots da’ puck and passes when needed.
I’m extremely excited for Laval next year!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
He hasn't really been able to do much with it in the games I have watched of him. Many player just as or even more talented have flopped.
One of the best “ways” to confirm statistical data is to have it replicated in differing environments or settings. Suzuki is carrying a 29 GP and 49 point campaign since being traded to the Gulf. New coaches, teammates, and philosophy has not stopped his production one bit... ask his teammates and coach if he is too “slow” or anything else for that matter. Kid is a keeper. If we f*** this up? It is completely on us.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
One of the best “ways” to confirm statistical data is to have it replicated in differing environments or settings. Suzuki is carrying a 29 GP and 49 point campaign since being traded to the Gulf. New coaches, teammates, and philosophy has not stopped his production one bit... ask his teammates and coach if he is too “slow” or anything else for that matter. Kid is a keeper. If we **** this up? It is completely on us.

Suzuki’s speed is a non-issue as far as I’m concerned, it’s not like Gallagher was or even today is an amazing skater but he’s carved himself an excellent career.

Suzuki is like a better skating more cerebral version of Mike Cammalleri.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Suzuki’s speed is a non-issue as far as I’m concerned, it’s not like Gallagher was or even today is an amazing skater but he’s carved himself an excellent career.

Suzuki is like a better skating more cerebral version of Mike Cammalleri.
My money is on something a little more special than that.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I agree, but to be fair Cammalleri had a pretty good career, he missed a lot of time due to injuries, he’s averaged a 58pt/season over his career . I think if Suzuki can be a 60pt+guy, we’ll all be ecstatic.
Yeah, if Suzuki ends up being Cammy 2.0, we hit a homerun for Pacman. Cammalleri has had 2 PPG seasons...

Reactions: Fixxer

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Something like that. Plus a few pre season games at the start of the year. You don’t think 7-8 games is atleast enough to get an idea about a player?
No. Especially not games in a tournament played in a situation where he's not used to playing. McDavid didn't look special at the WJC, but Mittlestatd did. It's not enough games, it's not enough situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad