Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
BIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICK

lick-licking.gif
lick-licking.gif
lick-licking.gif

Last edited:

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
The winning goal in that game 82 literally rolled upward off someone’s falling ass on the way to the net and sailed over Huet’s head. I was in a uni pub surrounded by Leafs fans

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

This should make you feel better.

Our zone entries in general and particularly on the PP are so ill conceived it's mind boggling.
It shouldn't have taken more than a handful of games after Slaf got bumped to figure this out.
The success ratio is so evident when we operate on that right side.
Even worse is the fail rate for ringed pucks ending up on that left side.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This thread is kinda sus lately

Like PJ Stock lol

There's :

Anaheim 9Terry 60 points pace)
Buffalo (Tage at .82, was injured and had a bad year, kinda lame to NOT call him a 70 points player when he had 71, 98 and now 67 pace.)
Colombus (Werenski 64 points pace)
San Jose (Granlund 68 points pace)
Seattle (McCann 65 points pace)
Washington (Ovi 68 points pace)

He's right that it's pretty sad, even though I like Nick and have been really happy with his development. There's 6 teams that don't have a 70 points player, this is the 80s again.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's not wrong, especially with scoring up. That being said, I don't think any team has a 75 point player with the second leading scorer having 59 which is what makes it impressive.
Arizona is very close with 73/60 and Bedard is pacing for 77 with Kurashev pacing for 59 (Even worse after with Foligno being 3rd with 37...)

Konecny is close too with a pace of 73 and Tippett pacing for 58.

Suzi is top 5 for sure in "No offensive support.", probably third being Beds and Sid.

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
There's :

Buffalo (Tage at .82, was injured and had a bad year, kinda lame to NOT call him a 70 points player when he had 71, 98 and now 67 pace.)

He's right that it's pretty sad, even though I like Nick and have been really happy with his development. There's 6 teams that don't have a 70 points player, this is the 80s again.

If you are going to fact check that claim, do it properly lol.. It was actually accurate and very easy to validate. Here are the 12 teams without a 70 points player and their respective top points producer (with the teams that you omitted in bold):

Anaheim - Vatrano 55 points
Buffalo - Tuch 57 points
Calgary - Kadri 66 points
Chicago - Bedard 59 points

Colombus - Goudreau 58 points
Detroit - Raymond 63 points
Philadelphia - Konecny 65 points

San Jose - Grandlund 54 points
Seattle - McCann 60 points
Vegas - Marchessault 67 points
Washington - Strome 64 points
Winnipeg - Scheifele 66 points

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
If you are going to fact check that claim, do it properly lol.. It was actually accurate and very easy to validate. Here are the 12 teams without a 70 points player and their respective top points producer (with the teams that you omitted in bold):

Anaheim - Vatrano 55 points
Buffalo - Tuch 57 points
Calgary - Kadri 66 points
Chicago - Bedard 59 points

Colombus - Goudreau 58 points
Detroit - Raymond 63 points
Philadelphia - Konecny 65 points

San Jose - Grandlund 54 points
Seattle - McCann 60 points
Vegas - Marchessault 67 points
Washington - Strome 64 points
Winnipeg - Scheifele 66 points
Its stupid to use raw production when players haven't played the same number of games. Scheifele is 4 points away and has played 7 less games than Nick.

Eichel is on a 90 pts pace, etc.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
There's :

Yeah same with when he got 30 goals and people making a fuss about it. Silly and sad.

But we know it’s a prelude for things to come. And Suzuki is looking elite of late.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This thread is kinda sus lately

Like PJ Stock lol

PJ Stock is a moron and has always been a moron.
A quick glance at our Power Play would clue him in to a number of facts.
We have 2 power play goals more than those world beaters the San Jose Sharks they actually have a better %. :laugh:
If we had the additional 10 goals that put us mid pack Suzuki would probably have 5 more points.
Believe it or not there are only 6 teams who have had more PP opportunities.
It's not hard to see why the PP is the bane of my existence.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
PJ Stock is a moron and has always been a moron.
A quick glance at our Power Play would clue him in to a number of facts.
We have 2 power play goals more than those world beaters the San Jose Sharks they actually have a better %. :laugh:
If we had the additional 10 goals that put us mid pack Suzuki would probably have 5 more points.
Believe it or not there are only 6 teams who have had more PP opportunities.
It's not hard to see why the PP is the bane of my existence.
I have never beena fan of this guy

Reactions: Rapala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I haven't heard of pj for a long time but i feel like he used to do the same kind of thing back when he worked for cbc. He was one of those anti Habs pro bruins guys.

No, PJ. We are not excited that Suzuki has 70 points. We are excited because of how slafkovsky is trending, and how that line has looked as a unit since he was put with Suzuki and caufield. We are excited for what the future might hold for the unit.... nobody is excited for the present.

The thing is, I think he knows all this, but he purposely chooses to be antagonistic.

What an ass.

Reactions: Rapala

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
BIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICKBIGDICK
Are you looking for me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad