NCAA: Nick Saban retiring, Alabama to hire Kalen DeBoer

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Totally forgot they had Cristobal, Tucker and Napier.
Lanning was a GA at the time as well.

I was thinking about it more. I don't know how he will recruit but since it's bama. I'm sure it will be fine. but KDB at Bama is going to be f***ing annoying.

Reactions: Voight

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
You can scratch Norvell off the list. It’s being reported that he’s getting a 8yr/80mil extension from FSU.

As for DeBoer, it’s expected that he’s signing an extension with UW as well.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
If KDB gets an extension, I have no clue who they go after.

Schumann? (SP?) Georgia DC?

I also read somewhere that Michigan was quietly talking to KDB incase Jim decided to go back to the NFL

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I have the opposite feeling, and think DeBoer is good as gone. He's not a PNW guy and there's no bigger job than Alabama if you're a football coach.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Washington is also gonna fall off hard with how much talent they are losing. Good time to jump ship, KDB's stock is likely never going to be higher with UW than it is now.

Reactions: Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Washington is also gonna fall off hard with how much talent they are losing. Good time to jump ship, KDB's stock is likely never going to be higher with UW than it is now.
I wanted him with Herbert not in the SEC :(

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Man, Saban getting his peers paid….
Al of the schools renegotiating to keep their guy around rather than risk losing the HC to Alabama

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Feeling like this was Washington's one and only chance.

And assuming he can recruit the South, that'll lock Bama in contender mode for the forseeable future.

Reactions: Tony Romo

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Home run hire. Some slight questions about recruiting maybe but I think his previous stops has shown he can really develop talent and top talent should continue to want to flock to Bama.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
he will be out of bama by end of 3rd season lol.. left washington in a bad place cause he did crap job recruiting for next year .

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Home run hire. Some slight questions about recruiting maybe but I think his previous stops has shown he can really develop talent and top talent should continue to want to flock to Bama.
In theory recruiting will be easy to start for DeBoer. Even with Saban gone Alabama will still have the sterling reputation for being the easiest spot to make a name for yourself as you try to get to the NFL.

He'll have to compete with Georgia, but that's nothing new for Bama anyway.

The question will be can he sustain it?

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
In theory recruiting will be easy to start for DeBoer. Even with Saban gone Alabama will still have the sterling reputation for being the easiest spot to make a name for yourself as you try to get to the NFL.

He'll have to compete with Georgia, but that's nothing new for Bama anyway.

The question will be can he sustain it?
Isn't the main attraction for college football players the head coach? Isn't he the only reason for the reputation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad