miracle.jpg

Reactions: HansH and AngelDuck

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Miracle?

Haha

I would call it a miracle for him to reach 20 goals this season. Scoring 20 goals isn't a easy thing to do. He has 1 goal in 12 games played (15 games the Ducks played) and the team has health issues so its not like he will be playing along side that good of linemates helping him to score a lot of goals. His single season high was 14 goals from last season he hasn't proven to be that good of a goal scorer yet to be scoring 20 especially with the start to the season he and the Ducks have had.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I would call it a miracle for him to reach 20 goals this season. Scoring 20 goals isn't a easy thing to do. He has 1 goal in 12 games played (15 games the Ducks played) and the team has health issues so its not like he will be playing along side that good of linemates helping him to score a lot of goals. His single season high was 14 goals from last season he hasn't proven to be that good of a goal scorer yet to be scoring 20 especially with the start to the season he and the Ducks have had.
You have a very loose definition of miracle

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if this team were fully healthy i'd say he should absolutely be sent down

guy looks awful out there

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Definition of passenger. Can't think of a single play HE has made for himself or others all season.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I don't think he was ever expected to be a player like that. Honestly, no one should be evaluating Ritchie till we actually have a playmaker on the team, again.
So Getzlaf then? Should we be happy with a player who can only pitch in if one of the best playmakers in the league is playing with him? Getz is the only pure playmaker we have, so not sure who else Ritchie could play with if he needs a playmaker.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
So Getzlaf then? Should we be happy with a player who can only pitch in if one of the best playmakers in the league is playing with him? Getz is the only pure playmaker we have, so not sure who else Ritchie could play with if he needs a playmaker.
Hot takes, coming through.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Currently that’s the situation but we always knew he would be a long term project. He’s nowhere near his prime. Who knows what the team will look like when he’s 24-25 years old? Maybe he would match well with Steel. Or Terry. Or some undetermined player we acquire in trade.

Reactions: Exit Dose

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Currently that’s the situation but we always knew he would be a long term project. He’s nowhere near his prime. Who knows what the team will look like when he’s 24-25 years old? Maybe he would match well with Steel. Or Terry. Or some undetermined player we acquire in trade.
Possibly, but that doesn’t solve the issue right now or for this season. I rather have Rakell on the top LW spot instead of Ritchie, but if Ritchie will only be useful in that spot then that’s an issue right now.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I think Ritchie has shown strides of improvement this year. Progression is happening slowly but it's happening. He's been better along the boards and showing more patience and vision with the puck. This thread got bumped after a bad game, however.

I mean, I'm not going to say he's exactly where we want him to be for a top 10 pick, but to write him off and act like he's trash is just ridiculous. Power forwards take longer.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Oh look, Ritchie has a bad game so his thread gets bumped again for no particular reason outside of having a bad game. Riveting stuff.

Has he had a good one? Could you lead me to which one so I can re-watch. He has had a couple decent ones but please lead me to a good one.

Reactions: Mallard

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Has he had a good one? Could you lead me to which one so I can re-watch. He has had a couple decent ones but please lead me to a good one.
I mean, he played well against Boston last week. I'd say that was a good game.

I know you had to move on from your constant years of Teemu bashing, so I'm glad for you that you finally found a new target DN.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I think Ritchie has shown strides of improvement this year. Progression is happening slowly but it's happening. He's been better along the boards and showing more patience and vision with the puck. This thread got bumped after a bad game, however.

I mean, I'm not going to say he's exactly where we want him to be for a top 10 pick, but to write him off and act like he's trash is just ridiculous. Power forwards take longer.
I have seen very mild progression. a tiny bit better along the boards and a touch more creativity with the puck. my problem with him is he is bad at a lot of the little things that don't show up on the score sheet. I honestly just don't see a lot of talent and upside with him. if we were healthy I'd send him down so he can work on his game and build confidence with the puck.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
What worries me about Ritchie is just when will his scoring 'touch' start to kick in. The guy was a good scorer in juniors, but he just hasn't had the luck.

I think he's developing fine in other aspects of the game. He plays hard and can stick up for himself.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What worries me about Ritchie is just when will his scoring 'touch' start to kick in. The guy was a good scorer in juniors, but he just hasn't had the luck.

I think he's developing fine in other aspects of the game. He plays hard and can stick up for himself.

agreed. I'm just worried about another Palmieri situation. Just don't want Murray to sell low on him.

He's bee disappointing this year, but as a 20 year old rookie he had 14+14 while being one of leagues top hitters. That's impressive. Thinking of giving up on him now is crazy premature.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
agreed. I'm just worried about another Palmieri situation. Just don't want Murray to sell low on him.

He's bee disappointing this year, but as a 20 year old rookie he had 14+14 while being one of leagues top hitters. That's impressive. Thinking of giving up on him now is crazy premature.
Selling low would be a bad idea, though using him as part of a deal for an upgrade isn't exactly giving up on him. I wouldn't move him for a second but I wouldn't hesitate if he was part of a reasonable package for a more established forward.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I mean what does Ritchie do well? He doesn't stand in front of the net, he isn't good at deflecting pucks. He has a hard shot but he misses the net too much and usually when he misses the net the puck leaves the zone because he shoots from bad angles. He is not engaged physicality he should be one of the first ones to drop his mitts when a dirty play happens instead he takes dumbass penalties when stuff happens to himself. He was engaged in the LA game for sure but other than that he is just a passenger this season like shaw rassmussen and others.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Alright @Montoured, it's going over the top now with the Ritchie bashing (in reference to your deleted post, not the one above). You don't need to bump the thread with your wonderful 'hot takes' everytime Ritchie has a game that isn't up to your standards. Next time you do it, you're getting infracted - so consider this your 1 and only warning. So either be constructive with your posts or refrain from hitting the post reply button. You did it for 2 years with Teemu, we don't really need a repeat.

Thanks.

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
i honestly didn't even notice him out there tonight
Could've had a tip in from a Rakell shot in the first but Lundqvist made a really nice deflection.

Do you think he plays better with a skilled centre like Getzlaf or when he plays with Vermette and doesn't go up against top pairs?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad