Player Discussion Nick Ritchie Appreciation Thread

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Well now more of those goals are going in for kase while Ritchie doesn't seem to have progressed at all
Kase has 1 goal. Ritchie was injured enough to miss games. They've both played 3 games. This talk is just a bit premature, don't you think? And again, I've wanted Ritchie in San Diego since preseason.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Can we still edit polls into threads? I'd be interested in seeing how many of us think he will ever be a 20+ goal scorer in the league, because honestly I would not put money on that. Largely agree with Trojans above, Ritchie has size but he's not good at using it to create and capitalise on the NHL level, and only time will tell if he ever will.
Ritchie? I think he's got a few 20-goal seasons in him. I just feel like he has so much more than that in him in terms of impact, but he may just end up a complimentary 15-20 goal guy. Does he want to be Brad Isbister or Rick Tocchet?

Reactions: Exit Dose

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Are we really betting against a 21 year old power forward who got 14 goals in his first full NHL season to never hit 20 goals in a season? I wouldn't even put it past him to pot 20 this season despite his slow start.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Are we really betting against a 21 year old power forward who got 14 goals in his first full NHL season to never hit 20 goals in a season? I wouldn't even put it past him to pot 20 this season despite his slow start.

I'm sure he will hit 20. The real question is whether his career offense comes closer to a Lucic or a Cogliano.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Ducks have played 6 games and he has 0 goals in 3 games played. Sure it is possible he can score 20 goals this season but the odds are not good.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
I'm sure he will hit 20. The real question is whether his career offense comes closer to a Lucic or a Cogliano.
Oh for sure, I just find it bizarre that some people are saying there is no chance he'll ever hit 20 goals after a solid rookie season.

Ducks have played 6 games and he has 0 goals in 3 games played. Sure it is possible he can score 20 goals this season but the odds are not good.
Needing 20 goals in 76 games means the odds are no good? Interesting.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Needing 20 goals in 76 games means the odds are no good? Interesting.

For Ritchie who has a career high of 14 goals and has yet to score a goal this season and with our team having so many injuries yes I would say he doesn't have good odds to score 20 goals this season. It's not like scoring 20 goals is a easy thing to do.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Turns the puck over way too much, coasts way too much, needs to get involved.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He was better last night. Had a couple plays where he got in aggressively, and was the guy taking Shaw's crosschecks in front of the net, then sneaking in a gloved punch to the punk's face while he was on the ice pounding away in the net.

Still needs to be better consistently though.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He definitely needs to improve but when you look at the options to replace him he is certainly a net positive.

Roland of Gilead

The Gunslinger
May 18, 2007
Dark Tower
Three very stupid penalties by this pumpkin head again. He is dumb as hell, there is no excuses. He just don't get it, it's time to scratch him. Kossila can replace him.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I thought he had a great game. Numerous turns of momentum with huge hits and a great pass to Kase to start a goal scoring play. Refs had him under a microscope.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
He needs work in a lot of areas. I havent seen enough progress to get excited but im still hoping the whole "power forwards take longer to develop" saying rings true. I dont think we have a 9th forward that is better unfortunately.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Three very stupid penalties by this pumpkin head again. He is dumb as hell, there is no excuses. He just don't get it, it's time to scratch him. Kossila can replace him.

On the other hand he was the most physical player on either team, running Preds all over the ice. Carlyle isn't scratching a player who does that.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
It's pretty sad how we get excited when he makes a couple hits because he is useless everywhere else.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
We were 1 pick away from Ehlers and 2 from Nylander... I hope he picks it up

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
We were 1 pick away from Ehlers and 2 from Nylander... I hope he picks it up
I mean that doesn't really matter given they were picked ahead of him, now if you talk about Larkin being picked 5 spots after Ritchie you'd be on to something.

Reactions: Boogernaut
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I thought he had a great game. Numerous turns of momentum with huge hits and a great pass to Kase to start a goal scoring play. Refs had him under a microscope.
Was wondering about this. Saw the box score with the three penalties but was surprised to read generally positive comments in the GDT. I'm glad he had an effective game. He seems to be in Maroon territory as far as getting attention from the refs, though.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Was wondering about this. Saw the box score with the three penalties but was surprised to read generally positive comments in the GDT. I'm glad he had an effective game. He seems to be in Maroon territory as far as getting attention from the refs, though.

Two of the three were incredibly lame calls and then one of the new slashing ones.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
His hockey IQ seem pretty mediocre and that's alarming. Hope he can pick his game up, the talent is there but he has to put it together.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
He has 1 goal in 12 games played we could use some goal scoring from him. Unless a miracle happens he ain't reaching 20 goals this season like some think he could do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad