Newsday: Nick Leddy making his presence known

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Outsider here....Snow didn't just bring in Boychuk....He brought in Leddy. Fans act as if this team relies on Boychuk to make the playoffs this year... I don't know, but I don't thinks so. The Islanders seem to have bought in and believe. They expect to win now! Sure the expectations changed with the additions of Boychuk and Leddy. I don't think those expectations change if Boychuk is gone. The Islanders seem to be a playoff team with or without Boychuk not in spite of him.

I think Snow is wise if he sings Leddy for 5-6 years and announces this before the trade deadline. I think he should make a decent offer to Boychuk after signing Leddy. If Boychuk doesn't sign .... forget him and cash in... by trading him.

Of course Snow wouldn't want to leave a massive hole... So picking up #5 rental for a 2nd or 3rd rounder is an option. The Islanders make the playoffs this year with or without Boychuk. Snow is a good GM, but better if he plays hardball with Boychuk. Leave it in Boychuks hands with a fair contract.

If Boychuk is traded....Snow can work the phones for Oduya ....or a cheaper rental ....Rozsival and Runblad aren't top four. Rozsival can fill in as top four. He plays 20m but good for 60 games a year at this point in his career. Rozsival is decent in the playoffs. Chicago would take a 4th rounder for Rozsival. Runblad has looked very good this year...and he is a former 17th overall pick and 24 years old... It would take a second round pick in the 32-45 range to acquire Runblad.

What is this I don't even

Good teams keep their UFA's and see how far they can make it in the playoffs. Boychuk has been great with the Islanders, and they're not winning "in spite of him". That would imply he's been awful and that the team is winning anyway. I think he's going to re-sign anyway, but if he doesn't so what? Snow only gave up two 2nds.

No thanks on Oduya and especially on Rozsival. Rundblad... nah no thanks to him too. Maybe in the off-season if Boychuk walks, but even then I doubt Snow would be interested in Rundblad anyway.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad