NHLPA discussing with players postponing games in light of Kenosha incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Oh the 3 peaceful protestors he shot, the first chased him and threw a Molotov cocktail at him (he was also a convicted rapist who has a rap sheet longer than what comes up when you search EdJovo posts mentioning “Trouba”), the second was someone who was hitting him with a skateboard while he was on the ground, the third was literally pointing a pistol at him. (I can send you videos of every incident as it was unfolding, I saw this in real time on Twitter unfortunately)

So yea the violent mob like those guys, the ones who killed David Dorn, the ones who killed those black children in CHAZ, the ones who burned a man alive in his pawn shop in Minnesota, the ones who are burning down and destroying thousands of small businesses, I’d say those actions are pretty violent, no?
RIP David Dorn. Guy was a hero.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
There's an entire world out there. Give it a try. KHL, SHL, Liiga. Pre-season is well underway.

I read your post quickly and read it wrongly lol

I thought you meant to see what other leagues plan to do with play stoppages.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Oh the 3 peaceful protestors he shot, the first chased him and threw a Molotov cocktail at him (he was also a convicted rapist who has a rap sheet longer than what comes up when you search EdJovo posts mentioning “Trouba”), the second was someone who was hitting him with a skateboard while he was on the ground, the third was literally pointing a pistol at him. (I can send you videos of every incident as it was unfolding, I saw this in real time on Twitter unfortunately)

So yea the violent mob like those guys, the ones who killed David Dorn, the ones who killed those black children in CHAZ, the ones who burned a man alive in his pawn shop in Minnesota, the ones who are burning down and destroying thousands of small businesses, I’d say those actions are pretty violent, no?

Wait... so you're saying a large group of otherwise non-violent people should be judged solely by the actions of a very small minority? What if it's just "a few bad apples?"

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Wait... so you're saying a large group of otherwise non-violent people should be judged solely by the actions of a very small minority? What if it's just "a few bad apples?"
You were calling it a violent militia that showed up and shot a bunch of protestors when the majority of this militia didn’t do anything but stand in front of property to protect it (well within their right as an American) the 17 year old shot 3 violent rioters in self defense.

I was literally listing specific violent actions, yes the people who killed David Dorn were violent rioters, so were the people who killed those two black kids in CHAZ, so were the ones who burn buildings down, so are the thousands of people assaulting innocent people, where is the disagreement? Lol

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I won't get into the politics regarding my feelings about 'life in the world today.'

Just from a pure business standpoint...

I think the NHL has been doing there best to kind of hedge their bets by showing they care about the feelings, but trying to ride the middle line. I don't think they want to piss off half their fanbase. Unfortunately, in this climate today that's really hard to do. The smartest thing is to cancel a day or two then just bring it back for the weekend. I find that annoying, but I'm resigned to it at this point. I can't imagine they'd lose much money... what's more interesting is the tone they have when they return.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
I won't get into the politics regarding my feelings about 'life in the world today.'

Just from a pure business standpoint...

I think the NHL has been doing there best to kind of hedge their bets by showing they care about the feelings, but trying to ride the middle line. I don't think they want to piss off half their fanbase. Unfortunately, in this climate today that's really hard to do. The smartest thing is to cancel a day or two then just bring it back for the weekend. I can't imagine they'd lose much money... what's more interesting is the tone they have when they return.

My issue is the NHL getting backlash for apparently not canceling their games last night. Why? Just because another sport did so, doesn’t mean the NHL or other sports leagues have to do the same.

First off, the NBA decided to cancel their games way too late last night. Not like it was planned.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
The technocracies narrative and agenda is blatant. How they spin everything and how many are misinformed from what actually took place.

Divide. Feed emotion, predominately hatred and anger. Divide. Withhold exculpatory evidence for days, wait for the riots and looting to start first... Wait until cities are burning.

Anyway, what does canceling games accomplish exactly?

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
You were calling it a violent militia that showed up and shot a bunch of protestors when the majority of this militia didn’t do anything but stand in front of property to protect it (well within their right as an American) the 17 year old shot 3 violent rioters in self defense.

I was literally listing specific violent actions, yes the people who killed David Dorn were violent rioters, so were the people who killed those two black kids in CHAZ, so were the ones who burn buildings down, so are the thousands of people assaulting innocent people, where is the disagreement? Lol

...you seriously can't see the irony in this after your other posts?

You also may want a refresher on what is within the rights of Americans.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
My issue is the NHL getting backlash for apparently not canceling their games last night. Why? Just because another sport did so, doesn’t mean the NHL or other sports leagues have to do the same.

First off, the NBA decided to cancel their games way too late last night. Not like it was planned.

I don’t disagree. They’ll go too far, or won’t go far enough and inevitably they’ll piss people off anyway.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Anyway, what does canceling games accomplish exactly?
Athletes that are worth millions and have the world's largest platform withholding labor is one of the most effective responses possible.

Nobody took covid seriously until the NBA did and that changed the attitude in 24 hours.

It's also nonviolent which we hear so much about until nonviolent demonstration actually happens and then we condemn that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad