Confirmed with Link: #NHLJets agree to terms with goaltenders Eddie Pasquale & Michael Hutchinson

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Hutchinson isn't a bad depth guy to have.

Big goalie (6'3) former 3rd rounder.

It creates competition for the AHL betwee Olkinuora, Pasquale and Hutchinson.

Pasquale has career AHL Sv% of 0.907 with 2600 SA.
Hutchinson has career AHL Sv% of 0.916 with 2200 SA.

Ondrej Pavelec has career AHL Sv% of 0.912 with 2500 SA.

Last edited:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Hutchinson isn't a bad depth guy to have.

Big goalie (6'3) former 3rd rounder.

It creates competition for the AHL betwee Olkinuora, Pasquale and Hutchinson.

Pasquale has career AHL Sv% of 0.925 with 2600 SA.
Hutchinson has career AHL Sv% of 0.916 with 2200 SA.

Ondrej Pavelec has career AHL Sv% of 0.912 with 2500 SA.

yah...

...but

...what kinda Defence did pavelec have in front of him then eh!? :sarcasm:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Sigh, your IceCaps 2013-14 goalies ladies and gentlemen.

Relegates Olkinuora back to Ontario, where he will likely battle either Berube (returning vet may be headed to Manchester), Bartosak (one of my favourite goalie prospects, GREAT LA pick) or Niederberger (recently signed by Manchester) for playing time. Will be interesting to see how Olkinuora handles that, be he has been proving that he can battle and win playing time his whole career.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Not out of the question that the IceCaps will carry all three to start the season, that's what they did in 2011-12 with Pasquale, Mannino and Aebischer.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Sigh, your IceCaps 2013-14 goalies ladies and gentlemen.

Relegates Olkinuora back to Ontario, where he will likely battle either Berube (returning vet may be headed to Manchester), Bartosak (one of my favourite goalie prospects, GREAT LA pick) or Niederberger (recently signed by Manchester) for playing time. Will be interesting to see how Olkinuora handles that, be he has been proving that he can battle and win playing time his whole career.
Why do you assume he is relegated to the ECHL rather than one of these two?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Why do you assume he is relegated to the ECHL rather than one of these two?

Hutchinson is an AHL veteran. He has played there and been moderately successful.

Pasquale was IceCaps starter last year, he will not headed down to ECHL at this point.

And most importantly, both Pasquale and Hutchinson are not signed to ELC's. Due to this they must approve a move to the ECHL (have the right to refuse the assignment). As both are proven AHL netminders, neither will accept that move. However Olkinuora is on an ELC, which means Jets can assign him there without his approval.

There is really no question Olkinuora will start in ECHL, IMO.

Not that that is neccessarily a bad thing. Many many excellent NHL netminders started there.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Michael Hutchinson, former Barrie Colts netminder.

It was made to be.

I'm really happy we haven't just settled on Pasquale holding down the fort for the IceCaps as he's had some inconsistency and never seems to look good whenever I see him. If only the Jets could learn a lesson from this - I'm looking at you Pavelec.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Nope. Most teams carry 5 goalies.

I was hoping for a Bartosak at the draft so we could have Bartosak and Olkinuora battle it out for the spot behind Pasquale, but clearly the Jets wanted another AHL veteran.

TNSE cares more about the AHL team than the NHL team :sarcasm:

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I have not heard of him before, however, looking at the numbers, in conjunction with the other moves that have been made, as well as the graduating players from junior, and it is looking like St. John's could be quite solid next year.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Eddie had a rough year that's no secret. Bringing in a guy that can compete with him is the best situation. Don't know much about this Hutchinson guy but his stats in the AHL are around Eddie's. The Caps are looking good this year :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad