NHL.TV / Center Ice / ESPN+ Discussion - Part IV [See the warning in OP]

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
just 1st period Devils vs Kraken, no 2nd and 3rd ,, i did not see first goal my countryman simon nemec .. thank you nhltv ,, just payed 170euro for nothing .. i hate this shit services

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Hey all. I live overseas and use nhl.tv.
I’m home to Canada for the holidays. What’s the equivalent for me to sign into?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Hey all. I live overseas and use nhl.tv.
I’m home to Canada for the holidays. What’s the equivalent for me to sign into?
It would be Roger’s Sportsnet I assume, but you likely don’t have credentials to sign in with.
Sportsnet app is called SNNow or something like that.

or might have to VPN to overseas to use your nhl.tv account but not sure.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Fellow ESPN+ users, am i missing it or is there no way to watch a full game replay from your team, or any team,from say a month ago?

in my ESPN+ app I see 'NHL Power Play on Demand' section with each teams most recent game. I noticed that those games will go away after a day or two and be replaced by the teams next most recent game after they play another one.

but it seems like there's no way to watch replays of games earlier than that say if i missed a game from a couple weeks, month, 2 months ago etc. and want to watch it...?

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Is there a way to resume watching a game from where I left off on ESPN+? Seems like I only have the option to watch live or to start from the beginning. Annoying.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Is there a way to resume watching a game from where I left off on ESPN+? Seems like I only have the option to watch live or to start from the beginning. Annoying.

On my "homepage" of ESPN+ I have a 'Continue Watching' section with a bookmark of where I was in the broadcast when I closed it.

vsS8ogd.png

Reactions: Metnut

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Fellow ESPN+ users, am i missing it or is there no way to watch a full game replay from your team, or any team,from say a month ago?

in my ESPN+ app I see 'NHL Power Play on Demand' section with each teams most recent game. I noticed that those games will go away after a day or two and be replaced by the teams next most recent game after they play another one.

but it seems like there's no way to watch replays of games earlier than that say if i missed a game from a couple weeks, month, 2 months ago etc. and want to watch it...?

I think you need to specifically search your team. The user interface has never been good, and when they shifted the NHL.TV from NHL to ESPN+, the UI got worse.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Once again, f*** you nhl network. f*** you 2 more times this month too

I used to use the calendar part and scroll to the date of the game was over a week old.

Reactions: FMichael

FU Shoresy

Jan 25, 2023
Just wondering if any one else is experiencing this issue with ESPN+. When watching via desktop computer. Every time there's a commercial break. The feed goes blank. And I have to exit out and reselect feed to get service back. This doesn't happen when streaming to a TV. Just on the computer. Wondering is anyone has this issue too. And if they've been able to resolve it. Thanks.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm so tired of ESPN+ never fixing their problems.

Three years in a row now, when I try to scorll back or forward during a game that I started from the beginning while it's live, it resets to the beginning of the broadcast.

Then like with every part of their app, when I exit out it freezes, and I have to force quit the app. This happens 100% of the time. Not 99%. 100% of the time.

Not to mention I have to sign in to the app almost every other day.

There are no user fixes for this. Not a reset, not reinstalling the app, not anything but ESPN actually taking the time to fix a bug that's been in their product for 3 years.

Just stopping by to point out ESPN still has not fixed these problems. They just keep raising prices, taking everyone's money, and never fixing the bugs in their product. Quite impressive level of apathy.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Yeah, ESPN+ is truly garbage

The most frustrating thing for me that hasn't been fixed or addressed for years, is the inability to seamlessly stream to a TV over apple airplay.

The stream connects at first, but it drops off the split second the ESPN+ feed goes to commercial break. Idk if anyone else has noticed this, but it's a known issue. And it relates to how ESPN+ delivers commercials over the stream and how airplay works.

so you have to toggle on and off airplay 9 times a game (3 times per period i.e 3 commerical breaks) and sometimes it takes a couple tries to get the stream back. It's an ESPN+ issue not just limited to hockey, happens on other sport streams in side espn+.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Just stopping by to point out ESPN still has not fixed these problems. They just keep raising prices, taking everyone's money, and never fixing the bugs in their product. Quite impressive level of apathy.
I'm still amused how many here (likely under the age of 30) thought that moving to ESPN aka 'THe Leader In Sports' was such a great idea.

'Boomers' like myself recall how $hitty E$PN treated the NHL...Now us customers get the same treatment.

AS long as both entities make $$$ - they don't care about us customers...

simpucker

Nov 15, 2021
can't see rangers habs game on the nhltv schedule,,, wtf?!
It has gotten much worse on my end. Only a mere fraction of the games are available through the schedule.

Most games are simply hidden. No way to select them. Applies to both live games and archived games.

This has been going on for 4+ days now.

And the NYR/MON game you mentioned had been hidden for a few days, too. Then it got sorted out for a few days.

Now this.

Anybody having the same issue with nhl.tv? Using the browser version with chrome on Windows and Android.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
It has gotten much worse on my end. Only a mere fraction of the games are available through the schedule.

Most games are simply hidden. No way to select them. Applies to both live games and archived games.

And the NYR/MON game you mentioned had been hidden for a few days, too. Then it got sorted out for a few days.

Now this.

Anybody having the same issue with nhl.tv? Using the browser version with chrome on Windows and Android.
I can't see any games on the schedule. None. I contacted the NHLTV support and they sent me this answer a few hours ago. So far, still no games to be found.

We appreciate you for being vigilant! Our development team is actively working on resolving the issue with the schedule on the NHL.TV platform to ensure that all games are accurately displayed.

This issue only affects the website; the calendar feature works as expected on both the iOS and Android apps.

Your patience is greatly appreciated, and we're committed to delivering a fix as soon as possible.

Reactions: simpucker

billy piton

Apr 5, 2010
Zagreb

Now this.

i had sent an e-mail to the customer service, and they responded within 2 hours and fixed the problem, i was really impressed, since before that i can't remember ever getting any kind of response.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Red Wings and Panthers game was ripped off ESPN+ and put on TNT last minute. That's BS when you the schedule. I did get to watch it on TNT but the broadcast was aweful. It was 3 bros talking about everything except the game, and when they did talk about the game, it was silly misinformed made up "fake it till you make it" stuff.

ESPN isn't even trying to make a good platform. It's a money grab and afterthought.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
SO you didn't see the memo that the original TNT game was postponed so TNT still needed a game. They even made a note of it that they had to do the announcing from the studio. So sorry it caused you so much pain and sorrow. Has nothing to do with ESPN

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Lately (in recent weeks), audio & video have been out-of-sync for me in NHL.tv broadcasts, in various streams for various teams. Video is ahead of audio by half a second, perhaps even a full second. (I use the NHL.tv app on iPads.)

Of course, it would be an utter nightmare if it was the other way round: audio ahead of video, because that would make a broadcast full of spoilers and downright unwatchable, but audio lagging behind video is really annoying, too.

Anyone else having these issues?

I sent a complaint to NHL customer support, awaiting their response.

I also hate that a few weeks ago, they shortened all goal highlights in the NHL app to just 9 to 10 seconds. WTF ??!! :mad: :mad: :mad: The extensive goal highlights were the best part of the NHL app – including goal celebrations, replays, announcers'/analysts' comments, etc. It's been like that for years. Now all of that is gone! There's nothing I hate more than when service providers, instead of improving their service, make it worse over the years, cancelling long-established features, etc.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
When you look forward to the first game after the all-star break and then get Buccigross and AJ.

Blech!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad