Post-Game Talk: NHL Trade Deadline - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You really think people who say the Rangers got nothing know who Hajak and Howden is?

You know I liked both before this deal the wild card for me is Namestikov

How good is he really

Read some TB fans saying he's a product of his line mates, we will see. You liked the prospects their draft year, no doubt,.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Wonder if that's before Nash? If not, good Lord the Bruins would have been stripped clean

Lou, Did you like the Nash deal? I was away yesterday and sifted through a few pages and didn't see your thoughts.

I think DS did the right thing. Maybe a D man can be had at the draft table. He made a big move and some depth guys. I think it was a good deadline for him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Read some TB fans saying he's a product of his line mates, we will see. You liked the prospects their draft year, no doubt,.
Tampa got sure things

Rangers got lottery tickets - they have to hope Namestikov is a 25/60 solid center

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wonder if that's before Nash? If not, good Lord the Bruins would have been stripped clean
That is interesting on two points

1. Had to be before
2. Tells me Sweeney will likely go hard in offseason for a big time defenseman

Not having that first will hurt

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa

1. Had to be before

I hope he doesn't go hard in the offseason for a a big time defenseman, our D is better and younger than it has been in years, I would atleast let them start the season as they are before chasing someone else. I expect McQuaid to be traded as well in the offseason, just because there is no room for him in the top 6 as constructed.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

1. Had to be before

Hanifin please.

In your opinion, does McDonagh demand huge money if Tampa goes on a run?
I’m guessing 9m per/ 6-7 years

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I like this, is an upgrade on Acciari.
Yeah, but then again, who isn't an upgrade on Acciari? He has to be the worst player on an NHL roster. Luckily Sweeney finally noticed this. What makes Acciari even more useless than he was is that he never hits anymore which was his claim to fame. I think it took all season to get what we wanted Ryan White to do. Good job by Sweeney on this one and the Vatrano dump.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hanifin please.

In your opinion, does McDonagh demand huge money if Tampa goes on a run?
I’m guessing 9m per/ 6-7 years
No idea

I would guess he signs $8 ish

He will like it in Tampa playing in A+ organization

If I'm him 8 or 9 means nothing quality of life and team

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No idea

I would guess he signs $8 ish

He will like it in Tampa playing in A+ organization

If I'm him 8 or 9 means nothing quality of life and team
Not to mention no state tax (a huge factor imo)

I agree I think the McDonagh ship has sailed. As you mentioned earlier in this thread, Yzerman has done a fantastic job at signing his core guys below market value (Kucherov Stamkos Hedman). I think McDonagh will enjoy his run and re-up at a fair number. That team is stacked.

Reactions: BruinsFanMike82

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not a bad week for Sweeney

In

Rick Nash
Tommy Wingels
Nick Holden
Brian Gionta
Chris Breen
3rd rd. pick (FLA)

Out

Ryan Spooner
Matt Beleskey (50%)
Ryan Lindgren
Rob O'Gara
Frank Vatrano
1st rd. pick
3rd rd. pick
4th or 5th rd. pick
7th rd. pick

Reactions: HumBucker

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, but then again, who isn't an upgrade on Acciari? He has to be the worst player on an NHL roster. Luckily Sweeney finally noticed this. What makes Acciari even more useless than he was is that he never hits anymore which was his claim to fame. I think it took all season to get what we wanted Ryan White to do. Good job by Sweeney on this one and the Vatrano dump.
Best 4th line in hockey IMO. Not saying it can’t be improved on but saying Acciari is worst player on an NHL roster is nonsense. Complete utter and total nonsense. You make yourself sound ridiculous when you say that.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Return on McDonagh seems a little light. Bolts got the two best players in the deal as well. Rangers sure are collecting a lot of assets though.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Not a bad week for Sweeney

In

Rick Nash
Tommy Wingels
Nick Holden
Brian Gionta
Chris Breen
3rd rd. pick (FLA)

Out

Ryan Spooner
Matt Beleskey (50%)
Ryan Lindgren
Rob O'Gara
Frank Vatrano
1st rd. pick
3rd rd. pick
4th or 5th rd. pick
7th rd. pick

I think he did pretty damn good.
If he can get Nash to re-sign Ill be down right giddy.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Interesting.

Nash extension scares the shit out of me.. already have a lot of money tied up in over 30 players... especially if we bring back Chara, which I hope isn't a sure thing yet either. Unless Nash wanted to do a 1/2 year deal at super short money (which I doubt to both) I'm not sure I'm okay with that. However, lets see how the rest of the season/post season plays out and go from there

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Nash extension scares the **** out of me.. already have a lot of money tied up in over 30 players... especially if we bring back Chara, which I hope isn't a sure thing yet either. Unless Nash wanted to do a 1/2 year deal at super short money (which I doubt to both) I'm not sure I'm okay with that. However, lets see how the rest of the season/post season plays out and go from there

There'll be a team out there to give him a Staal like contract. No way he does short year and short money.

Reactions: TwineTickler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad