GDT: NHL Trade Deadline Day (NHL & NJ deals, rumors, speculation, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My wtf no chance in hell prediction for the day. Devils get phaneuf.

I had that same paranoid thought for a minute last night, but I realized Phaneuf was a LHD so it's a little less likely, unless they are flipping Merrill or Gelinas back.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
My WTF of the day is going to be - (Dream too) Devils get Loui Eriksson

or Devils trade Patrik Elias (Just a guess. Doubt it happens nor do I want it to)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My WTF of the day is going to be - (Dream too) Devils get Loui Eriksson

DS brought up Reilly Smith toward the end of the last thread, that would be a Lou type player. Is probably a pipe dream but so was Langenbrunner before we traded for him. He is a RW that shoots left so we might turn him into a LW, unless the next staff doesn't care about that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think Eriksson's basically a Clowe in waiting, he's had a handful of concussions in the past.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Our entire right side forward line needs to be replaced this off-season (Jagr, Havlat, Ryder, Bernier) so if Lou doesn't want to overpay in July or doesn't think that any scoring talent is available he might use today for an eye on tomorrow (2015-2016).

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Here's hoping someone wants Ryder or Havlat and that Zid goes somewhere for a nice return of picks.

A guy can dream at least

That's all I'm hoping for at this point - with so many other deals going down, I'm starting to get worried that we're running out of buyers.

DevilSlovenia

Jul 1, 2014
My wtf no chance in hell prediction for the day. Devils get phaneuf.

Why not? Toronto must eat at least 1m of his cap hit but I would take. That would probably mean that Salvador is gone after the season. And they can give Zubrus to them although he has some clauses to block a move.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Not good news for the Zidlicky front:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m1 minute ago
St. Louis Blues deep in talks with Arizona on Z. Michalek.... Still unresolved issues so not clear if it happens or not, but lots of talk...

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Pierre LeBrun
‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
St. Louis Blues deep in talks with Arizona on Z. Michalek.... Still unresolved issues so not clear if it happens or not, but lots of talk...

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Not good news for the Zidlicky front:

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m1 minute ago

If that happens then you have 4 teams left for two guys. (zid,petry)

Boston,TB ( yes still looking for power play D help ) Det and Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad