NHL to Seattle Volume XIV - Seattle sells 26,000 season ticket deposits in 2 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
nhl will screw Seattle over, easing up on the expansion draft protection lists; but they will let the franchise participate in the nhl draft of juniors the offseason leading to their first season. They'll be assigned the 32nd pick in each round. My prediction.

There are 650 million reasons why Seattle is not going to get screwed.

Reactions: gstommylee

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
nhl will screw Seattle over, easing up on the expansion draft protection lists; but they will let the franchise participate in the nhl draft of juniors the offseason leading to their first season. They'll be assigned the 32nd pick in each round. My prediction.

What a very odd prediction. and what do you mean, but they'll let them participate in the nhl draft. All expansion teams get to participate in the draft in the off-season leading to their first season, and they've never been given the last pick.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Hoping what they mean when they say they'll have the same rules as Las Vegas is that they'll get to chose 30 players from those 30 teams.

Give us an exemption! :laugh:

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
It's cool that there's people like Sgt Toody who think a city as frikkin rich as Seattle would actually get the cold shoulder in an expansion draft. I should hope to have that view of Seattle at some point.

Judging from the Sounders experience, that $150 million above the Vegas expansion fee means Edmonton won't be able to protect any of their players. (Oh, and those goalposts move, too)

But seriously, folks, $650 million buys mucho goodwill in this league.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
I just hope that it doesn't get pushed back, Avs are finally trending up and I'd hate to see us lose an important piece

I'm not exactly sure what the construction schedule is with Key Arena, barring no major problems.... maybe one of our locals has a handle on this?.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

j1012

Dec 8, 2014
Some projected demolition details in this article from 2/5/2018

The first item on that list has been the finalization of a contract to implement the terms of their MOU. At the same time they are moving forward to complete the design, permitting and preparation for construction of a $650 million building with the hope of breaking ground just under 8 months from now. All indications are that OVG’s experience and competency are helping to keep the process on track to begin demolition next fall.

Update: Durkan and OVG putting in early work to ensure best possible outcomes

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Not a problem! Things are picking up around here :)

In the very limited circles I run there seems to be an interest in hockey that wasn't there before. People going to Thunderbirds games that haven't gone before. Wanting to learn the game. Asking me questions.

Reactions: Killion

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Really excited for this to happen. Living in Oregon, I have been hoping for Coyotes to Portland to manifest but it seems impossible that Allen would ever pay the price that it would take to make it a reality. So, the NHL 3ish hours away is the next best thing. Watching this thread and all developments with great interest.

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
In the very limited circles I run there seems to be an interest in hockey that wasn't there before. People going to Thunderbirds games that haven't gone before. Wanting to learn the game. Asking me questions.

Thought I shared this everywhere.

But I took about 55 scouts/parents/siblings to the most recent game. Most had never been to a live Hockey event, a few have never even been to a live sporting event.

They all loved it, loved how fast the sport moved. Loved the hard hits etc.

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Thought I shared this everywhere.

But I took about 55 scouts/parents/siblings to the most recent game. Most had never been to a live Hockey event, a few have never even been to a live sporting event.

They all loved it, loved how fast the sport moved. Loved the hard hits etc.

Seeing hockey live really is a must for newbies imo. If their only experience is watching on tv, I have found, most come away without a true appreciation for the sport. The first timers to a live game I have experienced become fans very quickly.

Reactions: superdeluxe

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
Seeing hockey live really is a must for newbies imo. If their only experience is watching on tv, I have found, most come away without a true appreciation for the sport. The first timers to a live game I have experienced become fans very quickly.

Totally agree with this. My wife is a total non-sports fan aside from hockey. I met her while I was interning with a minor league club and got her into a game. She was hooked right away and wanted to go to every game there after. 17 years later, it's still the only sport she'll sit down and watch with me, let alone have any interest in attending live.

Reactions: nwhockeyfan

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Totally agree with this. My wife is a total non-sports fan aside from hockey. I met her while I was interning with a minor league club and got her into a game. She was hooked right away and wanted to go to every game there after. 17 years later, it's still the only sport she'll sit down and watch with me, let alone have any interest in attending live.

Pretty much the same story with me. My wife was not a sports fan at all and of course I was when we met. I introduced her to hockey in Pittsburgh in the 90's and now its pretty much the only sport we follow. She will go to Thunderbirds games without me with her friends.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Seattle Thunderbirds are my favourite name for the team, although I am very much so aware it's the name of their WHL team, they might be able to make it work.

But for now I'd have to say Seattle Totems would be my pick for the working big picture, but Seattle Eagles would be another nice pick if they are able to acquire the trademark considering Eagles might be only owned by the Philadelphia Eagles.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Speculating on an expansion draft. Will be interesting to see how the other teams will protect based on the LV experience

Expanding Your Knowledge of the Expansion Draft

Expanding Your Knowledge of the Expansion Draft

Call me what ever you want but it's a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad bit early to talk about what will happen during expansion draft.
Okay the rules will be same for Seattle than they were for Vegas but I expect many players will ask for protection clauses if they expect an expansion during their next contract and there are many contracts to be signed (some by huge names like Tavares) before the league even announces Seattle expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino