NHL NHL to debut digitally enhanced dasherboards beginning next week

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
There may be the potential it’s affecting some fans that have epilepsy.

Imagine that. I'm sure it's also affecting people with ADHD and migraine headaches as well.

It is beyond stupid that the NHL keeps saying that these ads improve the viewer's experience. How in the hell are a bunch of animated ads in the field of play supposed to improve my experience of watching a hockey game in which players and a small black puck move at high speed? Of all the major sports hockey is the last sport that needs ads blanketing the field of view of people watching on TV, yet it has more ads within the area of play than any other major sport.

And from a subjective point of view, I think all this advertising just looks plain trashy and greatly cheapens the aesthetic. Would love to see how NFL fans would react if moving graphics were constantly superimposed on the field during play.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Imagine that. I'm sure it's also affecting people with ADHD and migraine headaches as well.

It is beyond stupid that the NHL keeps saying that these ads improve the viewer's experience. How in the hell are a bunch of animated ads in the field of play supposed to improve my experience of watching a hockey game in which players and a small black puck move at high speed? Of all the major sports hockey is the last sport that needs ads blanketing the field of view of people watching on TV, yet it has more ads within the area of play than any other major sport.

And from a subjective point of view, I think all this advertising just looks plain trashy and greatly cheapens the aesthetic. Would love to see how NFL fans would react if moving graphics were constantly superimposed on the field during play.
Migraine sufferer here.

YES. These ads suck real bad. I’m getting a lot better at ignoring them but following a full game closely is still very difficult for me. It can be exhausting to watch and pay attention all the way through. If I’m not feeling well forget it. I’m tapped out.

Not going to lie; I am nervous about the playoffs

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Migraine sufferer here.

YES. These ads suck real bad. I’m getting a lot better at ignoring them but following a full game closely is still very difficult for me. It can be exhausting to watch and pay attention all the way through. If I’m not feeling well forget it. I’m tapped out.

Not going to lie; I am nervous about the playoffs
Thanks for sharing. That really stinks. I have a friend who suffers from migraines. He can't watch movies with a lot of bright whites. Also can't play videogames in which there is a lot of flashing bright white on the screen. Triggers the crap out of him then results in major fatigue.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad