League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - COVID Season Edition - Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'm adopting the Kraken as an alternate team. I hope they do well, but I don't expect Vegas early success and I have my doubts on getting attendance.

I actually bought a kraken tshirt for fun never have done that before for another NHL team so might need to be my first adoption of a 2nd team.

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Related to my griping about that New Amsterdam commercial the other day, on the complete opposite side of the commercial-love/hate spectrum, I can never get enough of that Apple commercial with the Delta 5 song "Mind Your Own Business" in it.

Late 70s/Early 80s British post-punk is my #1 favorite music genre of all time, and that song's got everything I love about that type of music.

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Related to my griping about that New Amsterdam commercial the other day, on the complete opposite side of the commercial-love/hate spectrum, I can never get enough of that Apple commercial with the Delta 5 song "Mind Your Own Business" in it.

Late 70s/Early 80s British post-punk is my #1 favorite music genre of all time, and that song's got everything I love about that type of music.

Lol, I remember when they first played the commercial and it got my attention. That era had some interesting songs/bands.

Reactions: HeyMattyB

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I don't know enough about Seattle to predict attendance. I saw the O's play there once in 1999, and that's it.

When I lived near there not much interest was in hockey by locals except for the loyal hockey fans like us and Jr. team fans. I always wanted a franchise there, but the argument was go to Vancouver and I never liked the Canucks. I found it odd there wasn't much interest in the Seahawks, Mariners, and Sonics unless they were winning. Sort of reminded me of D.C. with sports with exception to football where even if the team was losing the fans were proud. The Seahawks were pretty insane during winning seasons with fans and I was there when the Mariners were winning so it was pretty packed. Those teams have their loyal fans. I think the Sonics left town around then. I loved it there. So much to do and an outdoorsman paradise. That has been some time now so I'm sure the Seahawks winning a SB and tech industry has brought more hockey fans to the area.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Habs regain 2-goal lead over Jets. Deserved after non-call on Jets hold leading to their 2nd goal.

Empty Goal Net

Feb 13, 2010
Did not realize that Scheiffle was such a POS. Should get an invite from the league to sit for the remainder of the series, at the least.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
at the least. The puck was off Evans' stick and in the goal before the hit. Came at full speed. Totally unnecessary. Truly a horrifying act of violence, imo.

Yeah on second look that should be a lot more than one series. Scheifele was also being a shithead all game. I’m giving him 20+ games for that one.

Jun 15, 2007
Yeah on second look that should be a lot more than one series. Scheifele was also being a shithead all game. I’m giving him 20+ games for that one.

Zero chance. My prediction is 1 game.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Yeah and it looked legal too. Now if he didn't have the puck then the HF boards crash like the other night.
Evans didn’t have the puck. It was in the net. And Schieffle was still a step or two away from him when it went in the net. And Schieffle never moved his stick in an effort to poke the puck - because he know he would never get it. But he still decided to demolish Evans after the hockey part of the play was over. Schieffle was a dick all night in a that game.

Jun 15, 2007
Evans didn’t have the puck. It was in the net. And Schieffle was still a step or two away from him when it went in the net. And Schieffle never moved his stick in an effort to poke the puck - because he know he would never get it. But he still decided to demolish Evans after the hockey part of the play was over. Schieffle was a dick all night in a that game.

There isn't a requirement that Scheifele poke check here though. I agree, he intended to hit him as hard as possible. That's also a valid form of defense.

I'm not sure he even hit him in the head. His head hit the ice hard after though, causing the injury.

1 game suspension for being late.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
It was a loser tantrum inflicted on a defenseless player after the hockey part of the play was done. There’s no excuse. He never tried to keep the puck out of the net (just look what he does -and doesn’t do - with his stick), his intent from outside the blue line was to f***ing plow Evans as violently as possible, irrespective of whether it mattered to the hockey part of the contest. Dale Hunter got 20 games for a less gross hit on Turgeon, and as much as I loved Dale there was no defending the hit or contesting the punishment.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Empty Goal Net

Feb 13, 2010
oh brother….hope you’re joking.

Was Dolan joking?

It's maybe a bit of an overstatement for this situation, but a) Scheiffle had time to determine that the opponent would no longer have the puck by the time he arrived - either by scoring or shooting wide; nonetheless, he does not appear to have made any attempt to slow down, b) it appears his elbow came up into contact with his opponent's head, and c) his opponent was in a defenseless position.

What would Dolan say?

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Scheifele was playing mad all game for whatever reason, and it culminates in that. I’d say the intent was there to f*ck him up. Which is unusual considering Scheif doesn’t really play like that ever.

Scorlov

May 17, 2021
There isn't a requirement that Scheifele poke check here though. I agree, he intended to hit him as hard as possible. That's also a valid form of defense.

I'm not sure he even hit him in the head. His head hit the ice hard after though, causing the injury.

1 game suspension for being late.

It's not a requirement but it makes the argument for intent to injure very easy to make. Pretty much nothing in hockey takes precedence over sweeping the puck out of going in your net if you have a modicum of a chance to do it.

Hitting after the puck is in the net (and play is over) just seals it, might as well demolish him like that a second after the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad