League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Again with the Seinfeld references. You know it's being wasted on the board's utes. They have no clue as to your references. BTW, I hate the Drake as well.
I’m not concerned about the audience, amigo. It makes me laugh, and a I know a good cross section of our board has been here a looooong time.

So……Giddy’Up!

Do we have any utes on this board? I assumed our youngest member is like 35.
We’ve got quite a few, I believe. Which is good. Edumicating the masses and all.

Sep 19, 2008
1711624686210.png

Jun 15, 2007
Again with the Seinfeld references. You know it's being wasted on the board's utes. They have no clue as to your references. BTW, I hate the Drake as well.
Look at the join dates here:

2007, 2006, 2010, 2002.

Very few post 2020 join dates. Everyone here is ancient.

• Haha
Reactions: Cappy76

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
Old heads abound. I migrated over to here once we won the Ovi lottery to see what the draftniks thought about him. Was on the old Caps official boards before that (late 90s early 2k). Started following the Caps in the late 80s.

Reactions: HandsomeTom43

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I’m 36 and I consider myself old. I hope there are younger posters than me lol. I think I started posted during the Cup run, probably largely as an outlet to vent after a decade of underachieving frustration. I lurked for atleast 5 years before I posted and maybe even longer than that.

There’s a good group of people here who I remember reading posts 10 years and I always respected the hell out of most of the thoughtful takes. I think our board is pretty special because I believe we’ve all suffered together and finally got our moment on top and I felt like there is a real community amongst us.

I was a small child when Seinfeld was going on but my mother made sure I watched it. It’s one of my favorite shows. Again, I do hope there are posters younger than me here lol.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I've run across a fair amount of caps fans over the years who do check this forum out regularly they just do it anonymously and are read only (naturally).

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Toronto isnt a good fit for us, but was good that Flyers lost to a weaker team in Montreal aswell. Meaning we still have two games in hand to pick up a point on them.

Detroit with a loss to Carolina aswell so only team getting closer was the Isles now 4 point back.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I've run across a fair amount of caps fans over the years who do check this forum out regularly they just do it anonymously and are read only (naturally).
I used to check this site all the time to get updates on our prospects, to see who might be available to us in the draft, etc…

Not sure why I decided to start posting, lol - but glad I did!

I’m definitely in the older Seinfeld demo, so keep those references rolling. These pretzels are making me thirsty!!

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Started reading here in 2010 when I was 24, made an account in 2012. Have been posting here through cross country moves, marriage, child births, etc… honestly feels like I’ve been posting here for longer than that. Think I was on a different Caps message board right after high school then took a few years off from the internet when I was off the grid.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Anyone here still remember MsCapsFan's board? And before that the Washington Post's old Talk Central that simply shut down because of the hate? That's where I started posting, around 1997/98. ESPN boards where we had drop in's from Ted occasionally, KFFL, (never on the Caps site) then here.

For the record, I'm 56. I went to my first Caps game in their expansion season, 1974, at Cap Centre with my Dad. They stunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad