League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Anyone here still remember MsCapsFan's board? And before that the Washington Post's old Talk Central that simply shut down because of the hate? That's where I started posting, around 1997/98. ESPN boards where we had drop in's from Ted occasionally, KFFL, (never on the Caps site) then here.

For the record, I'm 56. I went to my first Caps game in their expansion season, 1974, at Cap Centre with my Dad. They stunk.
I'm just a few years too young to remember the '74 team though I was there. But they still stunk for years after, so yeah... and somehow I learned to love them through those stinky years.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I got Connor McMichael's autograph through a private signing, with the personalization and inscription I requested. The company that ran it posted some photos of Mikey signing items; one of them was my picture. Just thought that was cool. Also amused by his choice of hoodie brand... lol.
20240329_140105.jpg

Screenshot_20240329-152213_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240329-152541_Gallery.jpg

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
55 here. I grew up in Reston and a good friend has season tix. We would drive from Reston to Landover to go to games. There were some guys behind the goal in the metal bleachers that would stomp their feet to Let’s Go Caps. That was loud and fun!

Got my first season tickets in 2001 when i moved back to DC from NC. 4 seats in 107. Amazing! Second go was in 2015 in 105. Now in 110.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Anyone here still remember MsCapsFan's board? And before that the Washington Post's old Talk Central that simply shut down because of the hate? That's where I started posting, around 1997/98. ESPN boards where we had drop in's from Ted occasionally, KFFL, (never on the Caps site) then here.

For the record, I'm 56. I went to my first Caps game in their expansion season, 1974, at Cap Centre with my Dad. They stunk.

I remember the poster on ESPN. Did anyone use the Prodigy boards back in like 91 through 93? I was in high school and early college and remember some folks posting there mostly packages for Messier or Yzerman, lol.. Also, I thought you was older too KSD :)

55 here. I grew up in Reston and a good friend has season tix. We would drive from Reston to Landover to go to games. There were some guys behind the goal in the metal bleachers that would stomp their feet to Let’s Go Caps. That was loud and fun!

Got my first season tickets in 2001 when i moved back to DC from NC. 4 seats in 107. Amazing! Second go was in 2015 in 105. Now in 110.

So you were one of the Carpenter hecklers then :)?

Reactions: Calicaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Devils lost.

Pretty interesting comments. Taking shots at his own team while shitting on the opposition. Which is pretty funny considering they are right next to each other in the standings and Devils and Sabres are basically the same team. Great offense with shitty defense and goaltending.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
What a gross early match-up.

Panthers who have won just 1 of their last 7 games vs. Red Wings who haven't won an away game in over a month, going 0-8.

Can't believe i'm going to be wasting my time watching that one.

• Haha
Reactions: Calicaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Oh wow.

28 seconds in, Larkin takes a slapshot to his left leg and has to be helped off the ice. Seemingly in a lot of pain.

Such a bad luck for him, just got back from injury.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Larkin back on the ice but returned slowly to the bench straight away.

1-0 Wings on the PP.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Detroit Ref Wings take advantage of an terrible penalty call on Montour.

Larkin fumbles on a shot but it dribbles past Bobrovsky, off the post and in.

Detroit have the hockey gods on their side. And referees.

Reactions: Boothinator

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Jonathan Marchessault scored into an empty net 3:30 into overtime to give the Vegas Golden Knights a 2-1 victory over the Minnesota Wild on Saturday.

Minnesota, desperate to make up ground in the fight for the last playoff spot in the Western Conference, pulled goalie Filip Gustavsson about three minutes into the extra period. But Vegas gained control of the puck, and Marchessault fired a shot from near his own blue line that found the back of the net for his 40th goal of the season.

As a result, Vegas earned two points and Minnesota zero, thanks to a rule that penalizes any team that loses after pulling its goalie in overtime.

It was the second time Wild coach John Hynes had tried the strategy this season. It worked three weeks ago, when the Wild scored to beat Nashville. This time, facing another team they were chasing in the standings, it backfired.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Was a really stupid decision. He got lucky the first time. So of course he gets skewered this time.

Net net, he got 2pts outta 2 games. Which was the *absolute* worst he could’ve gotten. Do nothing and get the 2 losers points. Do something and perhaps get 3 or even 4, depending.

He’s an idiot.

Reactions: Kuz

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Was a really stupid decision. He got lucky the first time. So of course he gets skewered this time.

Net net, he got 2pts outta 2 games. Which was the *absolute* worst he could’ve gotten. Do nothing and get the 2 losers points. Do something and perhaps get 3 or even 4, depending.

He’s an idiot.
I happened to catch the end of this, and it actually wasn’t stupid. The Wild have ~ 3% chance of making the playoffs. Getting 1 pt isn’t gonna help. So, f*** it, why not go for broke?

At this point, the 8 teams in the West look pretty set (even with LAK foundering a little). It’s just about seeding at this point.

Will be interesting to see if any of the teams in the East WC race decide to pull this maneuver (if the math points that way).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad