Rumor: NHL Rumours & Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Hasn't Necas been a winger since he started in the pros? I know he is a center. But with Aho, Trocheck, and Stall at center, Necas has been a winger pretty much his entire career.

I wouldn't say no to Necas at all. Sign me up for Necas. But I don't think he'll be as good as Dubois.

PLD has had 2 60+ point seasons in his 5 seasons in the NHL. Necas just had 41 pts and 40 pts last year and this year, respectively. Necas is 23 and will turn 24 in January. PLD just turned 24 two weeks ago.

PLD was also the 1C in Columbus and was 1C or 2C depending on the night in Winnipeg. He has also played wing. But he's been primarily a center.
No doubt Dubois is a better player but would also come with a much higher price tag. I think Necas could probably be available for Petry and a late first rounder. I doubt you will pry Dubois from Winnipeg without also getting rid of Dach which for me would be no more then a side move.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Can't be Colin White based on his 2nd hint. This is some Fort Boyard shit.
Fort-Boyard-mort-d-un-membre-incontournable-la-production-lui-rend-hommage.png
His second hint is a second signing...:laugh:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The purpose is not to collect draft picks and spend the whole season fantasising abou the next great thing in a Draft Thread, while your team sucks donkey's ass.

The purpose is to build a sustainable, competitive core and supporting cast. Whether you do it by draft, trades, or by signing an undrafted UFA from Tibet is irrelevant. PLD is barely older than Suzuki. Unless trading for him opens another hole in the core, it is a trade you make. It gives you a Suzuki - Dubois - Dach center line. Assuming all of them play to their potential, when was the last time we had something like that?
How is this fantasy?

Assume Washington wants a center and is willing to pay what we paid for Dvorak, a 2023 first and 2025 2nd.

We offer WPG for Dubois :
a. Choice of WSH or FLA 1st (choose now)
b. Choice of Mailloux, Xhekaj, Poehling or Evans
c. Choice of Drouin at 50% or Hoffman at 65%

Then sign PLD 7 yrs at $7M

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Pittsburgh has nothing to trade except Pickering and their 2023 or 2024 first round pick. It could be Pickering if they agreed to the trade and the Habs told them who to pick.
Pickering is a 1st would be a pretty good return... But they probably also need to send some money the other way they don't have much in the way of prospect Poulin, Broz, Légaré, Pickering

To Pit
Petry
5th (CGY)

To MTL
1st 2023
McGinn
Pickering or Maybe Broz...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How is this fantasy?

Assume Washington wants a center and is willing to pay what we paid for Dvorak, a 2023 first and 2025 2nd.

We offer WPG for Dubois :
a. Choice of WSH or FLA 1st (choose now)
b. Choice of Mailloux, Xhekaj, Poehling or Evans
c. Choice of Drouin at 50% or Hoffman at 65%

Then sign PLD 7 yrs at $7M
A. Should be whichever pick is better on draft day
B. Should also include Barron, Harris, Norlinder, Struble
C. Should be josh anderson

larrymoeschemp

Jul 7, 2022

Not sure how reliable

It’s called throwing shit to the wall
It may stick
I’ll bet none of those things happen
At best we see a Petry trade, maybe!
If not just go status quo and hope to hell out goalies suck it we will have e a mid range pick

larrymoeschemp

Jul 7, 2022
If they move Petry we'll have some cap space to play with...
And you have to sign a Petry replacement
Unless they know Price is LTIR and they can use the money I expect one of the quietest UFA days we’ve seen in ages for the habs
We don’t need any more forwards
And if he can’t move Petry , well he may sign some fodder to battle it out with weidman for the 6-7-8 dman

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I have never heard of this guy and it makes no sense. Strome?? PLD?? Just gonna ice an all center lineup? Why would we not have taken Strome in the Dach trade?

PLD and Dach have played a lot on the wing. Strome had arbitration rights that would likely have made signing him to a reasonable contract difficult. Not saying it’s true, but we’d be fine so long as we moved some wingers out.

Reactions: waffledave

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yup, at least Dubois warned the Jets. Gaudreau led the Flames on until the last minute.
GM's know if they can't get their player's resigned before TDL in the last year of a contract chances are it won't get done at all. Both teams opted to keep them for the playoffs and it didn't pan out. Teams do this all the time. We did it with Danault. I'm not saying it's right but it is a reality.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
My guess is that new from Price are better and we know we will be stuck with 10+m of cap space in net. They need to clear some cap room and at the same time they want to speed up the retooling to see what we could do this year with Price in Net.

Get rid of Dvorak plus for PLD that is one option
Get rid of Petry plus for Necas that is another option
Sign Kubalik is another option
All these options require significant juggling of the cap space (See Drouin, Hoffman, Armia, Dadonov)

I have no clue what they will do, I have not seen the Dach trade coming. I am all fine if we make a trade as long as it does not involve Slaf, Suzuki, Caulfield, Ghule or Barron (We could possibly add Dach and Anderson to that list).

If they manage to clear enough Salary and pry one of these guys, it will be a successful day.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have never heard of this guy and it makes no sense. Strome?? PLD?? Just gonna ice an all center lineup? Why would we not have taken Strome in the Dach trade?
Well PLD would be on wing and Strome at center.

PLD-Suzuki-CC
Dadonov-Dach-Anderson
Drouin-Strome-Gallagher
Byron-Evans-Armia

It works but I doubt it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad