Status
Not open for further replies.

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not sure if Juolevi makes much sense to be honest, he has had a pretty solid season in the Liiga this year and his OHL stats from last year look pretty good as well. Maybe this is an outdated concern and he fixed it, but I wouldn't call Juolevi a "write off". Not saying that anyone is wrong for guessing him, but his stats look way too impressive for me to think it's fair to call him a write off.

When you're reading what Marek said, you think that it's a former high 1st rounder of a prominent team who's having a bad junior season (or multiple bad junior seasons). I can't really find anyone who fits that.

Reactions: Red and skyo

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, I went back and asterisked guys who either made it to the AHL or went to Europe last year.

Bear in mind it’s not disqualifying since Marek didn’t specifically say they were current junior players, but it seems less likely that a guy who’s moving up the ladder is the one he’s talking about.

You also need to take out teams that wouldn't be called "Very prominent teams". Teams like AZ and Carolina certainly don't fall into that category.

Reactions: purdy44

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Islanders aren’t prominent, but Michael Dal Colle is essentially a write-off at this point.

Griffin Reinhart was too.

Both top five picks, but have played in the AHL at this point.

Then there’s always Josh Ho-Sang!

Reactions: DaveG

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He says this: " it’s a terrible story because this guy is a good junior hockey player."

He's talking about someone who is currently a junior player. So it's someone drafted in 2016 or 2017 and still playing junior (or just finished at the end of this year). Add in the kicker for a 'very, very prominent' franchise and it's basically down to:

2016 Draft
Dennis Cholowski (Detroit)
German Rubtsov (Philadelphia)
Brett Howden (Tampa)
Lucas Johansen (Washington)

2017 Draft
Cody Glass (Vegas)
Michael Rasmussen (Detroit)
Gabriel Vilardi (Los Angeles)
Nick Suzuki (Vegas)
Cal Foote (Tampa)
Juuso Valimaki (Calgary)
Kailer Yamamoto (Edmonton)
Robert Thomas (St Louis)
Morgan Frost (Philadelphia)
Henri Jokiharju (Chicago)

Then you can take out all the guys who haven't struggled at all and you could even narrow it down by a few more teams that really aren't "very, very prominent" ... and it's very likely Rubtsov who looks like he's on the train to bustville on his numbers anyway.

Zero Requiem

Only death is eternal
Jul 3, 2014
He says this: " it’s a terrible story because this guy is a good junior hockey player."

He's talking about someone who is currently a junior player. So it's someone drafted in 2016 or 2017 and still playing junior (or just finished at the end of this year). Add in the kicker for a 'very, very prominent' franchise and it's basically down to:

"And again, this is information that’s six months old. Actually, you might say a year old now."

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I feel like there is too much focus on the "very very prominent franchise" comment.

Most commentators would consider any NHL team "prominent".

Detelethisaccount

Jul 5, 2013
It's not in the kid's interests for internet sleuths to figure it out and then out him on board like hfboards, just leave it.

I am just as curious as the next guy, but just don't see the benefit of outing this kid. This will take care of itself, either he will wash out because he wasn't committed enough or he will realize he could be wasting a great opportunity and shape up. Not sure how a bunch of extra public scrutiny for an issue it sounds like he has at least accepted help for befits him or anyone else for that matter. As with most addictions/compulsions there is some underlying issue that is probably subconsciously driving this behavior, so its not like he is willfully wasting his chance. This is a lesson I learned after piling on Theo Fleury for years, only to find out he was dealing with more baggage than most humans could carry. Not saying this situation is anything like Theo's, but even if we knew who it was, would we know what else could be causing his behavior? Hope whoever it is can get it under control and not have it derail their career.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
not going to give rogers a click so was the article clear on a prominent NHL franchise or could it possibly be interpreted that it is a prominent CHL franchise?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Its not Juolevi. He played pro this year and hes on track to make NHL in 18 or 19.

Also since this is a major issue, you wont find guys like Bouchard discussing it or joking about it to media during interviews.

Reactions: skyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad