NHL players you consider injury prone

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Crosby

Prone means likely to repeat an injury or having a reason that causes you to be hurt over and over. Just being unlucky doesn't make you prone.

So because concussions... Crosby.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Varlamov and maybe Johnson on the Avs.
Compher also is out with his second injury this season. Hope it does not become a trend..

League wide I will state the obvious ones:

Gaborik, Bogosian, Ryan Murray, Kris Letang, Bobby Ryan, Stamkos, Edler, Tanev and many more.

Unfortunately there are way too many of them..

Reactions: Cowumbus

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
oh look another "I couldn't actually make my point in debate so I'm going to try to get random folks on a broader message board to agree with me and THAT'LL SHOW 'EM" thread. Not used to seeing these for my team, tho.

For the record, the point being made was that "injury prone" constitutes someone likely to be injured again in the future, which is a bit of a tough determination to make if there's no consistent reason for the injuries.

Ah here we have classic Viqsi assuming things about others and concluding that her stance is the correct one.

I was curious about other players and am allowed to make threads.

When a player misses time due to injury basically every season and has played in 59 percent of his possible games, I think it is very fair to label them as injury prone regardless if it is a reoccurring injury or not. Cheers.

Ryan Murray
Shoulder Injury, torn labrum, November 2012
Suffers an “Upper Body injury” November 2013
Knee injury March 2014
Knee injury September 2014
Knee injury November 2014
Ankle Sprain February 2015
“Leg injury” October 2016
Head injury October 2016
“Lower body injury” March 2017
Broken hand March 2017
“Upper body” December 2017

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Ryan Murray is not injury prone. He's just unlucky.

Please close this thread. It's hurting my feelings. Injuring them, as it were.

Reactions: Cowumbus

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
6/8 seasons he's played at least 77 games, and this season he's been healthy too. and he played the full lockout season. When he does get hurt he gets really hurt, but it's not like i'd say he's prone to it
I know he broke his leg. Wasn't the other season a non hockey related thing? blood issue or something. or am I pulling a Clemons and misremembering?

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
Crosby, his noggin is made of glass. He should really retire while he’s still able to remember his name.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Right now, I'm going to say Aaron Ekblad and his concussion issues. Will his career end prematurely because of such? He has dressed for every Panthers game this year so far, but with the amount of concussions he has had in his career, given that he is only 21 years old...who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad