NHL News/Notes XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

It’s hard to take Carcillo serious when he says this kind of stuff. He assumes the player and the team are completely unaware of the effects of concussions. He takes all of the responsibility off of the player and the Bruins organization and puts it all on his enemy: Bettman and the NHL, when the actual situation is far more complicated.

In reality, Backes and the Bruins are well aware of the effects of concussions. They may not know every single little detail about them but even if they were forced to learn every detail, they would still do the exact same thing.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
LeBrun: Why Vegas will be a desirable trade partner ahead of...

Paywall. LeBrun on expansion draft. Quote by DW

“For us, we try to make decisions and take in those considerations sometimes a year in advance because you understand the rules,” Sharks GM Doug Wilson said. “There are choices you make on players and if they become eligible. But do I think Seattle will have the ability to acquire good players? Yeah I do. Whether it’s the same or different than Vegas, I don’t know. I think there’s always experiential knowledge that you go through on both sides.’’

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Quite a few trade deadline acquisitions breaking, Zuc and now Johansson.

DET accelerating the tank w/ Green out for the season (virus) and Larkin out as well (back).

Last edited:

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Just was reading Friedman's 31 thoughts, and came across this gem:

8. Now that Los Angeles is officially eliminated from playoff contention, I think we’re going to start hearing more of Todd McLellan’s name in conjunction with the Kings. In GM Rob Blake’s two seasons with San Jose, the Sharks won 104 games with McLellan as coach.

OMFG please let this happen. That will set the Kings back years further than they already are. We need more koala memes in our lives.... :sarcasm:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
McLellan isn't going to set the Kings back any. Their lack of talent and speed is what's going to set them back. No coach is helping them.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ottawa is looking to hire a president of hockey operations.

I know it won't happen, but this person has to be able to say no to melnyk for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad