NHL News/Notes Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Jacob Trouva requests a trade. Too bad we don't have any non-Vlasic assets they'd be interested in or any cap space.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Jacob Trouva requests a trade. Too bad we don't have any non-Vlasic assets they'd be interested in or any cap space.

That also would screw us for the expansion draft. Going 7 + 3 would mean exposing Braun, assuming we re-sign Burns and that we don't want to lose Vlasic/Burns/Trouba. Going 8 + 1 to protect all 4 D means we have to leave an important forward available. Presumably we would protect Thornton/Pavelski/Couture/Hertl, but that leaves everyone else exposed.

In a vacuum, maybe we could start with Dillon (since they need LD) + Goldobin + ??? and be close. THIS year, though, doesn't seem advisable.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That also would screw us for the expansion draft. Going 7 + 3 would mean exposing Braun, assuming we re-sign Burns and that we don't want to lose Vlasic/Burns/Trouba. Going 8 + 1 to protect all 4 D means we have to leave an important forward available. Presumably we would protect Thornton/Pavelski/Couture/Hertl, but that leaves everyone else exposed.

In a vacuum, maybe we could start with Dillon (since they need LD) + Goldobin + ??? and be close. THIS year, though, doesn't seem advisable.

We could always trade Braun as a secondary move. There would be a huge market for him, obviously.

Alternatively, we could protect Couture/Pavelski/Hertl/Donskoi and send LV a 3rd to not take Thornton.

Dillon/Goldobin wouldn't be close to what the Jets could ask for.

Could trade Braun+Goldobin

Better value-wise but the Jets don't need another RHD.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
We could always trade Braun as a secondary move. There would be a huge market for him, obviously.

Alternatively, we could protect Couture/Pavelski/Hertl/Donskoi and send LV a 3rd to not take Thornton.

Dillon/Goldobin wouldn't be close to what the Jets could ask for.

Better value-wise but the Jets don't need another RHD.

What about Donskoi and Dillion? And then swap Braun for a top-6 winger? Maybe throw in our 2017 1st somewhere since we expect it to be 31OA :P

I would really love something like:
Vlasic - Trouba
Martin - Burns
Schlemko - DeMelo

Drooling.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What about Donskoi and Dillion? And then swap Braun for a top-6 winger? Maybe throw in our 2017 1st somewhere since we expect it to be 31OA :P

Vlasic - Trouba
Martin - Burns
Schlemko - DeMelo

Drooling.

I don't think Dillon has much value period as he is currently a 4-5th defenseman and Donskoi's a solid 2nd liner. Trouba's still got the franchise defenseman potential going.

I'd guess something more like Schlemko, Donskoi, Goldobin/1st. I dunno. It's hard for me to pin down his value and the value of what we have.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Vlasic - Trouba
Martin - Burns
Schlemko - DeMelo

Drooling.

The Jets really don't need wingers. They have Wheeler, Ehlers, Laine, Pereault, Connor, Dano, etc. potentially in their lineup next season, all of whom are top-6 options, never mind players like Stafford.

That would be so sick though, jeez.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
The Jets really don't need wingers. They have Wheeler, Ehlers, Laine, Pereault, Connor, Dano, etc. potentially in their lineup next season, all of whom are top-6 options, never mind players like Stafford.

That would be so sick though, jeez.

So what are the Jets in the Market for? Center depth?

Let's ask the question....

What about Hertl?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Jux - I respect your opinion and I think you have a great mind for hockey talent, but I disagree with your assessment on Trouba.

He's really overrated IMO. I get that he has been paired with a boat anchor, but I just haven't seen him play like a top pairing defender this past year.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So what are the Jets in the Market for? Center depth?

Let's ask the question....

What about Hertl?

They need LHD. They're pretty deep everywhere else.

Personally, I wouldn't entertain giving up Hertl because I just love him so damn much. Also, I think Hertl for Trouba 1-for-1 is fair value, where I bet Winnipeg would ask for more.

Jux - I respect your opinion and I think you have a great mind for hockey talent, but I disagree with your assessment on Trouba.

He's really overrated IMO. I get that he has been paired with a boat anchor, but I just haven't seen him play like a top pairing defender this past year.

That's fine, agree to disagree. And obviously he didn't have a great year, but the Jets as a whole were a bit of a tirefire. They should not have a been nearly as bad as they were, given the talent they had.

Trouba was basically played with Mark Stuart (think Douglas Murray bad) or he was played on his off side, which has been shown to be detrimental. He was not given nearly as much PP time as in years past because the Jets inexplicably decided that Myers was somehow a better PP option (he's not). A lot of his (relatively) poor season can be attributed to bad usage and some bad shooting luck. Obviously that doesn't mean that he shouldn't have some culpability for his faults, but I don't think it's fair to judge him solely based on last year. His first two years he showed he was a a legitimate #2D IMO. He's got all the physical tools in the world, he's got a great toolbox, and he's got the offensive talent and creativity to be a true #1D (this is what seperates the Troubas and Seth Jones' from the Adam Larssons of the world...).

He was a barely 22 year old defenseman who has shown oodles of potential, has a strong developmental curve in terms of possession stats, and can contribute now. He's worth a ton to me, personally. It almost makes me wish the Sharks were a tirefire and therefore had a reason to go after him.

I've said all along that I feel like Trouba is the kind of player that DW would value highly, so never say never. He isn't called "Oh **** it's Doug" Wilson for nothing.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We don't have the assets to trade for Trouba. The only thing we have at this point that they'd be interested in is Vlasic. Everything else is stuff they don't really need even though it may still be valuable to them. LD is the Jets big thing to get in any potential move. The Oilers though should be jumping all over this whether they need to move Klefbom or if the Jets have interest in Sekera, they need to get Trouba and build around him on defense. I suspect New Jersey may be in the mix here and a three way with the Ducks actually makes a lot of sense if they can find the right balance.

Jets get Fowler, Devils get Trouba, and the Ducks get something like Boucher, a pick, and the ability to dump Stoner on the Devils too. lol

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
Too bad Mueller doesn't have enough value alone to get Trouba.

If we could arrange a 3-team deal... Mueller + Goldobin to Jets, Braun to X team, and a solid LD to Jets.
We'd have to get something for giving up 3 players. Braun would have to go, IMO, due to next season's expansion draft.

(We'd keep Vlasic, Burns and Trouba instead.)

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Too bad Mueller doesn't have enough value alone to get Trouba.

If we could arrange a 3-team deal... Mueller + Goldobin to Jets, Braun to X team, and a solid LD to Jets.
We'd have to get something for giving up 3 players. Braun would have to go, IMO, due to next season's expansion draft.

(We'd keep Vlasic, Burns and Trouba instead.)

Braun could also be dealt in a seperate deal, or we could hang onto Braun until we were sure we'd re-sign Burns. Theoretically, lots of options. But I would be beyond shocked if Trouba ended up anywhere but Toronto. They have the need, the pieces, and smart management (in general).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00