NHL News/Notes Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I would think those that are competing would be looking for someone better and those that aren't have equally skilled prospects that they hope have potential while Error is certainly over the hill.

Well, the question is what are the competing teams looking? If they want a top-4 D-man, Ehrhoff is obviously not their man. But has he really fallen that far off that teams will not take a chance on him as a bottom-pairing D-man? Or a #7D option?

It is not that he has a bad term or cap-hit either. If things don't work, waive him again. Personally, I think DW did not claim him because he is probably looking for a better option than Ehrhoff and does not want to take a chance at claiming him incase nobody re-claims him when we waive him. Just a guess.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Well, the question is what are the competing teams looking? If they want a top-4 D-man, Ehrhoff is obviously not their man. But has he really fallen that far off that teams will not take a chance on him as a bottom-pairing D-man? Or a #7D option?

It is not that he has a bad term or cap-hit either. If things don't work, waive him again. Personally, I think DW did not claim him because he is probably looking for a better option than Ehrhoff and does not want to take a chance at claiming him incase nobody re-claims him when we waive him. Just a guess.

I think I agree with you. The CAP. Nobody took him, so if he didn't work out he would have been a drag on the little CAP room we have and there are probably better options being looked at.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
From my understanding the Sens had other motives in that trade such as reducing salary. Dion is also an NHL player. A very good one IMO. Just not worth what he's getting.

Exactly. I think the Dion hate is over-blown because of how much he makes. He is paid like a #1D but he is actually a decent #2D or really good #3D. Plus, he was playing on Toronto which has been a pretty bad team for a few years.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Exactly. I think the Dion hate is over-blown because of how much he makes. He is paid like a #1D but he is actually a decent #2D or really good #3D. Plus, he was playing on Toronto which has been a pretty bad team for a few years.

Ottawa made out pretty well in that deal and so did Toronto. Toronto got out of a long-term deal and only has to take on more salary for this and next season at most. That's great for them. Ottawa shed almost two million in cap dollars moving three mostly ineffective players for someone who will at least be a 2nd pairing d-man to them for the next three years or so. For a budget team, that's a good deal.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Some speculation that a team may acquire Ehrhoff in trade (IOW acquiring get some cap relief by trading contract in exchange, rather than taking on full value).

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
According to the french press. Price is potentially gone for the rest of the regular season.

41gBSNXd2VL._SY300_.jpg

that thing doesn't know ****

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

So, how come the As and Giants never come visit the Sharks?

I get the feeling florida is like 1 big state and every one just fits into being a florida resident. Ask most people from florida where they are from and they will say florida.

Ask most people from california and they won't say california but they will say san jose, anaheim, los angeles, and ither cities within california.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http:sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/john-scott-scores-first-goal-since-nhl-all-star-game--video-064319643.html

John Scott scores in AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad