NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER PEJORATIVE BEDARDED PHASE TWENTY-SIX!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The worst human being to ever walk the planet.

"Panini’s Texas headquarters plunged into further chaos when it was burglarized in May. Thieves didn’t touch trading cards but stole several storage servers, data drives and other electronic equipment. Management closed the facility, and customer service lines went silent for a week after the incident. No arrests were made."

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Team Streetfood

Water

1711700662920.jpeg

@mja

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I got super excited when I got the score right with three seconds left last night. I forgot that I got everything else wrong.

SSdaN5m.gif

We start the day with @mja on the clock, @GKJ on deck, @BigToe on the lido deck, and Biff on the lido afterdeck.

I'm not upset that people are talking shit about Drake Wentz - not a lot of shit, but picking holes in shit, if you know what I mean. I just don't want him to land with the Vikings, because I think it would be more fun to see the Vikings get Jayden Daniels or J.J. McCarthy. That may sound weird, since they are in the same division as my team, but we all know that my team will f*** itself for eternity, so it won't matter.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The manager of the one Hyundai dealer near me runs the only honest car dealership I've ever encountered. The other nearby Hyundai dealership? Normal dealership. Sucks the ass. The good dealership recently merged with another regional chain and I was petrified it would ruin them but the same guy is still in charge.

When I went to them the first time years back, a friend of mine was a car dealer and whenever we were looking at a model he would tell us what a fair price would be. He had already advised us that haggling is smoke and mirrors, that there is a price the dealership can sell at and haggling exists to either 1) see if you'll pay more, 2) make it feel like you've won. When the dealership is getting exactly what they wanted either way. He told us practically to the dollar what we should expect for a Tucson. The manager of this dealership came out to tell us the price, and told us that exact price. He then gave us the exact spiel my friend had given us about the myth of haggling, and how he deplores it as a lie and a waste of time. It is his belief he will sell more cars by just selling them and cutting out the days of back and forth bullshit, and by being straightforward. I might blow my head off when this guy retires or leaves.

For 3 cars now we have walked in, paid below national average (in a region where you usually pay more), and walked out in 1-2 hours. You can decide to buy a car in the morning and have one by lunch.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The manager of the one Hyundai dealer near me runs the only honest car dealership I've ever encountered. The other nearby Hyundai dealership? Normal dealership. Sucks the ass. The good dealership recently merged with another regional chain and I was petrified it would ruin them but the same guy is still in charge.

When I went to them the first time years back, a friend of mine was a car dealer and whenever we were looking at a model he would tell us what a fair price would be. He had already advised us that haggling is smoke and mirrors, that there is a price the dealership can sell at and haggling exists to either 1) see if you'll pay more, 2) make it feel like you've won. When the dealership is getting exactly what they wanted either way. He told us practically to the dollar what we should expect for a Tucson. The manager of this dealership came out to tell us the price, and told us that exact price. He then gave us the exact spiel my friend had given us about the myth of haggling, and how he deplores it as a lie and a waste of time. It is his belief he will sell more cars by just selling them and cutting out the days of back and forth bullshit, and by being straightforward. I might blow my head off when this guy retires or leaves.

For 3 cars now we have walked in, paid below national average (in a region where you usually pay more), and walked out in 1-2 hours. You can decide to buy a car in the morning and have one by lunch.

I spent 3 weeks trying to get a dealer to honor the price listed on their website. And failed. I will not hear any positivity.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I spent 3 weeks trying to get a dealer to honor the price listed on their website. And failed. I will not hear any positivity.

You will.

When we bought my wife's Santa Fe back last spring, we had resigned ourselves to just keeping the smaller Tucson because prices were stupid. I was getting my oil changed (this dealership gave me free lifetime oil changes on my Sonata. I didn't request it. They just volunteered it on their own), and in the showroom was a Santa Fe on sale for thousands off. Bought it immediately.

Put that positivity in your negative pipe and smoke it

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You will.

When we bought my wife's Santa Fe back last spring, we had resigned ourselves to just keeping the smaller Tucson because prices were stupid. I was getting my oil changed (this dealership gave me free lifetime oil changes on my Sonata. I didn't request it. They just volunteered it on their own), and in the showroom was a Santa Fe on sale for thousands off. Bought it immediately.

Put that positivity in your negative pipe and smoke it

I know how Toe felt when he watched Robocop. It's like the universe has lied to me for decades.

I haven't heard anything from a dealer since we agreed to buy a car 3 days ago. Does the car still exist? Has the entire dealership been kidnapped? The world may never know.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Of course. Yeah they don't have the car. No doubt in my mind. Bet they shipped it out or sold it and never updated inventory and never bothered to check (such effort!) when you started the process.

They are going to try to keep that deposit now. They may even insist you come in person to pick the car up before feeding you a bowl of shit once you're there and trying to get you to accept a different car than the one you have an agreement and deposit on. But that thing is gone.

How much time do you have for spite?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
A not-uncommon dealer trick is to get someone to put down a deposit on a nice car they think is a good value, which they don't actually have or aren't going to give them, and then getting them there in person (ideally from far away) so that once the customer is there, they feel trapped into just taking whatever so they don't leave empty-handed, and they ended up paying more for a lesser vehicle.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Of course. Yeah they don't have the car. No doubt in my mind. Bet they shipped it out or sold it and never updated inventory and never bothered to check (such effort!) when you started the process.

They are going to try to keep that deposit now. They may even insist you come in person to pick the car up before feeding you a bowl of shit once you're there and trying to get you to accept a different car than the one you have an agreement and deposit on. But that thing is gone.

How much time do you have for spite?

Why don't you stop bragging about your dumb car friends and find Jojo a car he can come get?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad