NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER PEJORATIVE BEDARDED PHASE TWENTY-SIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
A not-uncommon dealer trick is to get someone to put down a deposit on a nice car they think is a good value, which they don't actually have or aren't going to give them, and then getting them there in person (ideally from far away) so that once the customer is there, they feel trapped into just taking whatever so they don't leave empty-handed, and they ended up paying more for a lesser vehicle.

I had been to a dealer, looked at a car, agreed on a price and was told to come back the next morning with a cashier's cheque for the agreed upon amount.

The young agent I was dealing with then had their boss come in on our paperwork session, tell me they couldn't sell at that price, that the trade-in price they agreed on for my car was over-valued, etc. etc. - basically any bs reason they could come up with to increase the costs. They said they were increasing the sale price by $2,000 and that I had to meet it. I then decreased my offer by $1,000. He told me I couldn't do that, to which I told him he couldn't increase either. I gave him a one-time offer to accept the cheque in my hand right now or I would walk. They came back at a $1,000 increase. I stood up, told the junior agent that his boss owed him a commission for sinking his deal and walked out. When they saw me start my car and begin to pull away, the boss ran out and told me they would take the original offer. I told him that was a one time only deal, they passed on it, and to f off.

I actually desperately needed a car as I was slated to leave the area in a day's time and I needed another vehicle as my previous one was almost inoperable (They didn't know this, but I did).

I found a better car at almost the same price before the end of the day. Used the same cheque (though I think with taxes I had to give them two twenty dollar bills to cover the difference).

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
Repick

Team Street Food

Scorpion

1711762545784.jpeg

I ate one about a month ago. I think the venom was still in it, felt awful for a couple days after.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
My last car-buying experience during peak Covid when there weren't yet supply issues was interesting. Negotiated with several dealerships simultaneously mostly through email over a couple of weeks. Showed up at the one offering the best price on the car, but they were going to give me shit for my trade, and advised me to take it to CarMax, which I did. CarMax was going to pay me quadruple what the dealership was offering. Lesson for the future: always get an offer from CarMax. In the meantime, I was in touch with another dealership who agreed to beat the other guy's price. Drove straight there from CarMax, got a young new sales associate, and he offered me another 50% on my trade over and above CarMax. In total, I saved like 7K.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
That's a great choice for goodwill ambassador. She rules. On the other hand, there's this.

IlfwnQU.jpg

We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, my man @BernieParent on deck, myself on the lido deck, and f***ing @Lord Defect on the lido afterdeck with two picks.

The Premier League is back this weekend, so that's the end of my peace of mind. One thing, though. Pep Guardiola's wife looks exactly like him. I'm not saying that he definitely married his sister - I am saying that he probably married his sister. He's a vile and disgusting character. So now you know.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
HOLY SHIT!

I just realized I never hit send on this post this morning :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yippie kai eh, motherscrunchers, eh?

8Mg8hWt.gif

"We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, my man @BernieParent on deck, myself on the lido deck, and f***ing @Lord Defect on the lido afterdeck with two picks."

Had a great day in sports yesterday. The rest of everything? Oof. But I'm not going to whine for once.

Happy picking! And don't get it twisted - April Fools' is f***ing stupid.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's definitely my fault that Biff didn't pick. Apologies, Quacks.

aaqjpDU.gif

"We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, my man @BernieParent on deck, myself on the lido deck, and f***ing @Lord Defect on the lido afterdeck with two picks."

I'll talk to you all later - I have to post this now, so I need to concentrate like an old woman with a full diaper doing tai chi in the park.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm pretty sure that the Biff variant is buffering.

SPg2UXX.gif

So we still start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, though no starting has been started. @BernieParent can go ahead from the deck, with me in his shadow, and @Lord Defect's absent ass somewhere else with two picks in his stupid pocket.

I got an interesting DM on Behance yesterday. A web developer wants to rent my Upwork account. He says it will take him three months to build up his business, and for those first three months (plus a fourth if he needs more time) I will receive $150. Thereafter, I will receive 20% of what he makes per month, which he says is $5000.

I would really like that money, and I don't really have anything for him to steal. Still. There's no way, right? Right?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thanks, @Captain Dave Poulin.

For our Team Flower, the owners of the Halifax Galleons select the anemone.

VXp4JsjKKW7wK5vgsyAd3WoT1qmsCVHA_zoADlBaEBzwj-PvAV7A5YiYQlV1_LueBq7NUZQbWOTf0kN4Oj4mGhLhEc-QywI4V_6T0I62l2CkVERY-68y9LFEOTe9rNKmVmfwmXtXAWfa3gGtGQONsxE

Sometimes called the windflower -- anemos is Greek for 'wind' -- the red anemone was linked in Greek mythology to the death of Adonis. Loved by both Persephone, queen of the underworld, and Aphrodite, Adonis came under the ire of Artemis and was killed by a wild boar while he was out hunting. Aphrodite heard the cries of her lover and arrived to see Adonis bleeding to death. Red anemones sprang from the earth where the drops of Adonis's blood fell. In another version of the story, the anemones were white before the death of Adonis, whose blood turned them red.

This symbolism of red anemones was later adopted by Christians to represent the blood shed by Jesus Christ on the cross. Anemones sometimes appear in paintings of the crucifixion.

It also represents beauty in Jewish tradition. The Hebrew name, kalanit, from כלה, kala, ‘bride,’ Aramaic: כולנייתא, as the anemone is as beautiful and majestic as a bride on her wedding day. Around Jerusalem, the red shape is more frequent than the blue, while on the basalt slopes north of the Sea of Galilee, the hillside is speckled with blue and white flowers.

And onto our fearless QuackVerse co-leader.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I am going to take a lady who always catches my eye and makes me stop to watch.

ZEocqtJ.jpg

Of course, it doesn't hurt that she is often found in things like "Robin Hood" or other swashbuckling fare.

OlelBvh.gif

Team Goodwill Ambassador - Olivia de Havilland

@Beef Invictus or @Lord Defect
I'm goin to make the executive decision here and say @Lord Defect you're up.

We can't leave any room for interpretation here with mi Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad