Pre-Game Talk: NHL Expansion Draft (6-18-17 - 6-21-17) VGK Selects James Neal

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
Saw on the NHL app that Pittsburgh traded a 2020 2nd round pick to VGK for "future considerations." Very fishy.....

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
According to Pierre LeBrun, expansion draft selections are NOT subject to the "no tradeback" rule. Nashville is eligible to trade for James Neal immediately.

Saw that. Don't see it happening though unless we offer VGK something pretty big.

Neal is exactly what they want. A big name that they will be able to move at the deadline for picks and prospects.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Say we were hypothetically trying to get Neal back via trade. Do you think VGK could get more for him now or in one of those pre-draft scenarios where we try to make an offer to keep them from picking him in the first place? I guess I'd assume they'd get more now, but maybe I'm wrong.

BTW I don't see McPhee having any interest whatsoever in making a trade with Poile anytime soon.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Lebrun, Dreger, and McKenzie have all been saying it since before the ED. They're trying to get bidding going on Neal, Methot, Schmidt, Sbisa, and a couple of others.

I saw them all speculate that they would shop him for the biggest return, but I never saw anyone confirm that he was actually shopped. He was invited to the expansion show to be on stage with the others, but declined due to surgery. I get the feeling they'll keep him until the deadline, why else invite him to the show?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lebrun, Dreger, and McKenzie have all been saying it since before the ED. They're trying to get bidding going on Neal, Methot, Schmidt, Sbisa, and a couple of others.
Color me skeptical, as I seem to recall hearing that Schmidt is a big part of their plans going forward.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So hypothetically, if Vegas calls us and says they will trade Neal back to us for Tolvanen straight up- no other pieces.

If you are Poile would you do it?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So hypothetically, if Vegas calls us and says they will trade Neal back to us for Tolvanen straight up- no other pieces.

Nope. Would've done it before, but Tolvanen is a lot better than I expected we could get with that 1st, so no.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
No, after putting Neal on the block I can't imagine that he would bring his best game to the Preds in the future.

If we traded to keep the band together and promised a nice reward next season, I'm sure he could get over it and perform.

But he is an emotional guy. It might bother him more than one would think. He was basically traded for Arvidsson, if you consider position and that had to have come as a surprise.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

of course you do. Tolvanen hasn't proven anything and wont for at least a couple of years. He might be the next Forsberg but he could also be the next Hugh Jessiman

Neal could help us win a Cup this coming year.

But McPhee wont do that. He passed on Tolvanen with two picks in the teens, so he obviously wasn't all that impressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad