GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2016

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Not a single European drafted. When was the last time that happened?

I'll look forward to seeing the interview with Madden
Having a quick look it appears the only ever time this happened in Ducks history was the 2005 draft.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Pick 211 still not in, hoping that we'll trade our 7th next year and get Stransky now.

EDIT: It was not to be. Oh well...

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Steele needs to be the real deal (so to speak) since there were a ton of really good players taken in the 2nd round. I hope the Ducks saw something that most others didn't.

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Well this was the most boring draft in living memory. I'm glad that Fowler is still a Duck, although I fear he's still gone before the start of the season. Pretty decent looking haul for the limited draft picks we had.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Steele needs to be the real deal (so to speak) since there were a ton of really good players taken in the 2nd round. I hope the Ducks saw something that most others didn't.

I like this pick more after sleeping over it. Usually smart kids turn out quite good. On the other hand I was surprised that Jones was preferred over Howden. I'm still upset we did not get Mascherin, we could need one pure shooter.

Overall the draft looks solid but once again I will never understand the dynamics of the draft overall. Why was Noel drafted now and that early? Why do we draft a goalie last year who was an overager and far from being a starter but passed on Vehviläinen who was a solid goalie who put up really good numbers in a top league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad