GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2016

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Shaping up to be one of the most interesting drafts from our POV in a while, all things considered. GDT seems to be in order.

Ducks current picks are at #24 and #30 for tonight's first round. If there's any wishes for the opening post, I can add things.

Ducks picks: 24 (1st) - 30 (1st) - 85 (3rd) - 93 (4th) - 115 (4th) - 205 (7th)

Last edited by a moderator:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I'm getting ready to get a big pot of draft day chili going. One of my favourite days of the year, and plenty of extra intrigue for us, no way I can handle that excitement on an empty stomach.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
My brain still swivels from virtually 50 hours of work in the past four days...what time does it start again in Germany?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
My brain still swivels from virtually 50 hours of work in the past four days...what time does it start again in Germany?

IIRC, the Viasat broadcast starts at 2AM here in Finland. That'd mean 1AM in Germany.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yep, 1 am is the usually starting time over here. The last drafts have seemed to vary pretty hard in terms of how long they took, but the #30 pick should roll around around 3.5 hours after #1, IIRC.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Don't think it's a coincidence the teams Murrays linked to the most have consecutive picks. I think they have someone in mind, which is nice. Hopefully Keller or Nylander, but we'll see how it all shakes out.

As for the two picks we currently hold, definitely hoping DeBrincat is one. Really a huge fan of his. Wouldn't doubt if they have Clague high on their list, he fits what they've targeted in years past.

mytduxfan*

Don't think it's a coincidence the teams Murrays linked to the most have consecutive picks. I think they have someone in mind, which is nice. Hopefully Keller or Nylander, but we'll see how it all shakes out.

As for the two picks we currently hold, definitely hoping DeBrincat is one. Really a huge fan of his. Wouldn't doubt if they have Clague high on their list, he fits what they've targeted in years past.

I'm hoping Kunin drops and I'd also take Tage Thompson. I'd also be ok with DeBrincat.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Need more midday drafts, 7am on a Saturday morning? No thanks. Kind of annoying that there is no-where to watch it on demand.

mytduxfan*

If Fowler ends up in BUF or MTL and Subban is not traded (according to reports he's probably not going to be), doesn't that mean EDM missed out on all available high-end D-men?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I'm ready for the inevitable disappointment. I hope. I do have alcohol at hand if not, though.

I'm terrified of what Bob will do but it'll be exciting, and with expansion there will probably be a ton of trades. Can't wait.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Pittsburgh went 'all in' for Kessel. Paid off.

Ducks are going to tread water with lateral moves. As usual.

Without McGinn and Perron, this team is worse than the team that lost last year.

I suppose we can be ok without Fowler. But we still are a worse team than we were after the TDL last year.

BM and owners need to be held accountable for repeating this same pattern every single offseason. We have had some upgrades, but every year those upgrades are washed out by losses and poor signings.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I like the idea of getting the 8th and then trying to move up to 4 and taking Dubois

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Pittsburgh went 'all in' for Kessel. Paid off.

Ducks are going to tread water with lateral moves. As usual.

Without McGinn and Perron, this team is worse than the team that lost last year.

I suppose we can be ok without Fowler. But we still are a worse team than we were after the TDL last year.

BM and owners need to be held accountable for repeating this same pattern every single offseason. We have had some upgrades, but every year those upgrades are washed out by losses and poor signings.

I don't disagree, but we could also be the Kings right now and have traded our last two first round picks away for Lucic and Sekera while still winning absolutely nothing

Granted they have 2 stanley cups as a result of the Carter/Gaborik "go for it" moves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad