GDT: NHL Draft Weekend Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Brown 21 goals in 59 games. Wow. Future hart winner
McLeod 21 goals in 57 games. Uuuurg. Next Zajac.

Don't get it.

People didn't like Brown either here...the only posts I saw in support of Brown in months were after Ottawa picked him.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't know, it's basically trading up from #20 to #16. And if Arizona was high on Chychrun it's probably worth it to them.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Brown 21 goals in 59 games. Wow. Future hart winner
McLeod 21 goals in 57 games. Uuuurg. Next Zajac.

Don't get it.

Plus wasnt everyone one saying that Brown was soft?

We get a kid who can fly and is more physical and we are upset about it? Who posted the same number of goals as the player we are arguing for?

Think we should relax because we kill this kid.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
What I find to be hilarious, sad, and annoying all in one is that the vast majority of people here literally have never seen any of these guys in person or anything other than a few YouTube highlights or a WJC game. No matter who we picked people would be reacting the exact same way unless we got one of the top and even then people would say we picked the wrong one. McLoud is someone who a great deal of scouts and talent oriented people say could very well be the wildcard of the draft and has a floor of no worse than a 3rd line center. His ceiling his 2C. I don't understand why people who haven't seen anyone get so up in arms over who was picked and say things like "brutal for the organization" or Player A is a future Hart winner and ours is a dud. It's just comical.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I was impressed with the Keller pick, but oh my god was that a bad trade. Think about it, Detroit just got more for moving back than we did 5 spots earlier. Horrible.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I know what a MacShake is, but what is a McLeod? Do you swallow it?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I was impressed with the Keller pick, but oh my god was that a bad trade. Think about it, Detroit just got more for moving back than we did 5 spots earlier. Horrible.

Well Detroit did move back a few more spots, you're not gonna get a lot for moving back one spot (unless it was 3-4 in the first round).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad