News Article: NHL Draft War Room: New Jersey Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
For everything else that's wrong with that article (and sadly, there aren't any unique assumptions about the organization in there), getting the coach wrong is absolutely inexcusable. How does that even happen?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This article has so many errors and bad information I'm surprised that people haven't claimed that Kosman actually wrote it

Kosman? He's old news. Didn't you hear; Forbes is the new rag in town that doesnt know anything about finance!

For everything else that's wrong with that article (and sadly, there aren't any unique assumptions about the organization in there), getting the coach wrong is absolutely inexcusable. How does that even happen?

Well, to be fair the Devils change coaches pretty often; maybe he was just being proactive? :sarcasm:

Devils1029

Jun 19, 2008
Yeah and Tedenby is still a Devils prospect but Josefson, who's played less NHL games, insn't? Did we trade him and not tell anyone?

MountainGoat

why would we fire Deboer? he's an excellent coach, he got the most out of this team and we consistently outplayed alot of teams. If it was a full season we would be in the playoffs, even with our weak top 6 and iffy defense.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Appreciate all the comments, folks.

I normally try and address each and every comment (in this case I'd run the comments thought the author, E-Mac [I posted on his behalf on THW]), but unfortunately my community was one of those first affect in Calgary (Alberta) with the flooding...

Luckily, after 3 days no power and totally disconnected (internet, phones, TV, etc.) we're (upper part of my neighbourhood) semi back to normal. My house escaped unscathed but many neighbours were not so lucky.

This couldn't have come at a worst time for hockey coverage, given my passion for the draft, but what can ya do.

Like the Guess Who once said: "Cause it's the new Mother Nature taking over..."

We just have to be resilient and come back better and stronger than ever.
___

*2013 NHL Draft Prospect Index

**2013 NHL Draft Guide: The Next Ones
***2013 NHL Draft Rankings: The Next Ones Final Top 210

Claudi27

Mar 28, 2008
Barcelona
3 – Lots of defensemen – After Adam Larsson, the list of quality defensemen gets short and the players on it start to age. There are a few quality prospects such as Jon Merrill in the system but most are unlikely to be impact players. Besides, you can never have too many good defensemen.

stopped reading there

GJGE

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Good work Chris. And best of luck to you and others going through the flooding

Many thanks! Tough haul, but the New Jersey area can surely relate. There are silver linings - met some awesome neighbours and the volunteer work being done around the city is nothing short of phenomenal.

Wish I was in Newark for the draft! Enjoy!

___

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I would rank the major needs as follows:

1. Goalscoring - We have Kovy at NHL level and no one else. We have Boucher at prospect level and no one else.
2. Number 1 center - We have two good 2nd line centers in Henrique and Zajac and a potential third 2nd line center caliber player in Loktionov if he builds on his promising first season but probably do lack the number 1 center caliber player. I would jis in my pants if a Monahan (He will be a no. 1) or Lindholm is available at pick 9.
3. Goaltender - We need a succession plan for Brodeur.
4. Best Player Available - Would lean towards drafting a forward. I dont see a problem with our D depth at both NHL level and prospect level.

Agree with this.

I really see Devils making a splash on Sunday as hosts and jump into the top 6 to nab Monahan or Lindholm. Flames might be one target as they may be willing to move down 3 slots to add more assets and still get very good prospect as they have so many holes.

Goaltending I'm not sure is solved through the draft, but you have to start somewhere.

___

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad