NHL: Around the League 52

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
69 goals in the modern era is still mind boggling.

Could’ve been a lot worse though, could have torn his ACL playing a pointless game that wouldn’t impact seeding

Seriously.

If I were the GM and my coach played my star player in a meaningless game to get a regular season achievement that has no impact on his awards (he's getting the rocket anyway, he already set the record for his team), I would have fired him on the spot.

Can you imagine, Matthews gets injured in one of those games? I don't think the Leafs are gonna win much this post-season anyway, but to go into the playoffs without a healthy Matthews for one pointless goal just to get a 'round number'. They'd have had to call the cops to keep me away from that coach.

Is Chychrun at 26 too old for our group?

If it comes with a signed deal, then I'm ok with it.

We have A LOT of assets. Not every D in the pipeline is going to land.

But chances are, he doesn't want to leave Ottawa just to go to a team that's going to be bad for another 2-3 years.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He would also take a spot away from one of our young defenders
You make it sound like we have an abundance of can't miss young defenders in the org. I know patience is needed and the potential is there for a few of them but the jury is still out. If a 26 year-old solid NHL-proven defender becomes available it can't be dismissed out of hand.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You make it sound like we have an abundance of can't miss young defenders in the org. I know patience is needed and the potential is there for a few of them but the jury is still out. If a 26 year-old solid NHL-proven defender becomes available it can't be dismissed out of hand.
Sure it can, if it cost assets and he's a UFA in 1 year, what's the point?

Reactions: Giovi

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8285.jpeg

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Seriously.

If I were the GM and my coach played my star player in a meaningless game to get a regular season achievement that has no impact on his awards (he's getting the rocket anyway, he already set the record for his team), I would have fired him on the spot.

Can you imagine, Matthews gets injured in one of those games? I don't think the Leafs are gonna win much this post-season anyway, but to go into the playoffs without a healthy Matthews for one pointless goal just to get a 'round number'. They'd have had to call the cops to keep me away from that coach.

If it comes with a signed deal, then I'm ok with it.

We have A LOT of assets. Not every D in the pipeline is going to land.

But chances are, he doesn't want to leave Ottawa just to go to a team that's going to be bad for another 2-3 years.
Telling Matthews not to go for seventy is a hell of a way for a coach to lose the room. Things that shouldn't matter and things that matter are very much the same thing in hockey.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Telling Matthews not to go for seventy is a hell of a way for a coach to lose the room. Things that shouldn't matter and things that matter are very much the same thing in hockey.

Perhaps.

Isnt there an equally dangerous message to the room that we care more about an individual star's achievement than we do about the team's success in the post-season?

I don't know, cause I've never been in a room.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Perhaps.

Isnt there an equally dangerous message to the room that we care more about an individual star's achievement than we do about the team's success in the post-season?

I don't know, cause I've never been in a room.
Hockey players are people not risk managed assets. Hockey players aren't particularly smart people on average to boot.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I feel very comfortable with Vlasic/Korchinski/EDM/Kaiser on the left side. Jones is going to be here for most of his contract and Rinzel's ceiling is one you can dream on. The Hawks need RHD and with their depth on the left side any veteran acquisitions should be right handed.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I feel very comfortable with Vlasic/Korchinski/EDM/Kaiser on the left side. Jones is going to be here for most of his contract and Rinzel's ceiling is one you can dream on. The Hawks need RHD and with their depth on the left side any veteran acquisitions should be right handed.

Unless one of their LH D prospects just turns into Hammer.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Fury or Venom for me.

Please no HC or Hockey Club. Leave those names for soccer.

I guess the Utah Missionaries didn't make the cut...

Reactions: Giovi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad