NHL: Around the League 52

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Marchand isn't ditching the team in the middle of the season to go on vacation just cause he feels like it
Rodman was also a major piece to 5 championships. Jordan gambled all night before games as well. Those Bulls ran a loose ship because mgmt and the coaches let them. In return, they received 3 championships in their 2nd run.

Marchand and Rodman are/were geniuses on the ice/court. Unfortunately, they can't always control their emotions on the ice/court.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Rodman was also a major piece to 5 championships. Jordan gambled all night before games as well. Those Bulls ran a loose ship because mgmt and the coaches let them. In return, they received 3 championships in their 2nd run.

Marchand and Rodman are/were geniuses on the ice/court. Unfortunately, they can't always control their emotions on the ice/court.
Genuinely when was the last Marchand incident?

I feel like I haven't heard a peep from him in years.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009

During the 21-22 season, so not exactly "years".

Here's the lowlights.

He's human garbage.

Edit; to correct which season he last was suspended in.

Last edited:

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Stopping defending Marchand. He's a very good player, possibly a genius on the ice, like Rodman who can't control his emotions. That's not up for debate. That's the issue for many. That said, if the Bruins' lockerroom is good, who are we to argue?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Montreal boards are having a meltdown over this
Slafkovsky's big frame allows him to do things Cooley won't ever be able to.

Now of course will the Habs ruin him? Will injuries get in the way? Bigger guys in general take longer to develop.

There's a few factors at play here.

But if Slaf hits, he's a much higher impact player than Cooley. And that becomes abundantly clear in the playoffs.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
Would be kind of cool if Arizona had a nice run this season and took the 3rd place spot in the division, besides the top two spots it feels so open that it's possible imo, also I like when teams surprise when the majority of fans will probably say they are destined for a bottom 3 spot in the division.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Would be kind of cool if Arizona had a nice run this season and took the 3rd place spot in the division, besides the top two spots it feels so open that it's possible imo, also I like when teams surprise when the majority of fans will probably say they are destined for a bottom 3 spot in the division.

Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Kerfoot - Cooley - Zucker
Maccelli - Bjugstad - Guenther
Boyd - McBain - Crouse

Moser - Dumba
Valimaki - Durzi
Stecher - Brown

Vejmelka
Ingram

You know this roster to me looks good. Depends on Cooley's and Geunther's level, and how good that D can be, but they'll be much better than last year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Ottawa needs some space but is unwilling to trade the first everyone is requiring for $3mm x 3 that would be taken on. Eventually they are goi g to have to cave. We’ll take their 2025 1st if they have it!
Philly wants Tyler Boucher as part of the Joseph cap dump and Sens said no

There's no way Dorion makes it to the end of the season

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_6472.jpeg

Also signed 2 year $4.5 aav extension

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
That's absolutely huge news for us. That goaltending without him is real sus, and even when he returns, good chance he won't be 100%.

And that team has gotten so much worse on paper over the years. A ton of depth just up and left.

Wouldn't be too surprising if they end up drafting top 10, which would push our pick back to 2016(?), but the further you go into the future, the worse that team will be; and thus the better the pick will become.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
That's absolutely huge news for us. That goaltending without him is real sus, and even when he returns, good chance he won't be 100%.

And that team has gotten so much worse on paper over the years. A ton of depth just up and left.

Wouldn't be too surprising if they end up drafting top 10, which would push our pick back to 2016(?), but the further you go into the future, the worse that team will be; and thus the better the pick will become.
The quest for three first overall draft picks in a row just became a little more realistic.

The next step is Stamkos leaving at the end of the year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

I really liked Ty Smith in his draft year.

His production is still good. I presume his smaller size has made him a defensive liability? I haven't kept up with him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'd take him over Vlasic
For sure.

Both are soft, but Smith is a better skater and can put up points.

It's a no-risk pick up.

Jones, Zaitsev, Murphy, Tinordi, Kaiser, Korchinski, and Smith being the 7 defensemen to start the season works for me. When Korchinski goes back to juniors you can rotate Phillips/Allan/Vlasic.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I really liked Ty Smith in his draft year.

His production is still good. I presume his smaller size has made him a defensive liability? I haven't kept up with him.
He’s a mess when it comes to transition, both ways. He panics and gives up easy chances on defense and turns the puck over too much on his breakout passes. That’ll get you benched in a hurry. He is good in the offensive zone though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad