NHL: Around the League 52

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Benn gets penalty for being pushed into G and then having Manson try to injure him.

I hope announcers were wrong about Benn getting penalty out of that
These types of accidentally on purpose collisions are often called with the player reputation in mind. It didn't matter if Manson pushed Benn or not, Benn was not going to try and avoid the collision.

If that was Pavelski colliding with the goalie and not Benn, it probably would not have been called a penalty at all.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Florida has another dimension that I underestimated. They can dive with the best of them. Seems Tkachuk has been teaching his teammates how easy it is to fool the refs.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I still can't believe that the Mark Messier Leadership Award is just Mark Messier deciding who he thinks is the best leader.

How did that become an accepted thing?

Isn't it typically 'The Mark Messier award, presented by [insert sponsor here]?

I think it was invented purely to get another sponsorship spot at the NHL awards :laugh:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I still can't believe that the Mark Messier Leadership Award is just Mark Messier deciding who he thinks is the best leader.

How did that become an accepted thing?
I love it because it's the only thing hockey fans everywhere can agree on and be like Mark shut the f*** up nobody cares. I feel like Toews has one but I can look back fondly on pop tarts I've eaten with more satisfaction than I got from a player on my team winning a piece of hardware. I'm pretty good about remembering bits of hockey trivia. Pride myself on it even. No clue who's won it recently.

f*** Messier.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Wasn’t Messier a major douche and prima donna on Vancouver as well? Ironic he’d still be the one choosing the best leader. I didn’t he personally made the selection, big ooof there.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I was hoping to say, the award should literally just be a bronzed statue of this:

ghows-NB-618f1131-9be5-464b-9d71-2cc2aad9806a-3e32e6eb.jpeg

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Ever notice the drama from Bob every time someone comes near his crease? It usually involves him dropping his stick when he knows he can't recover from being out of position.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can't tell if you're a Leafs or Bruins fan.
It was a simple question .... with nothing to do with that.

And with Hawks in the doldrums I am a hockey fan. One of my pet peeves is the embellishers around the league and how easily they can sell shit to naive refs.

Now, are you going to give an answer or would you rather put a label on the poster. Never mind I already know the answer.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

So not celebrating is disrespectful now? Shut the f*** up Voracek.
He was always a douche.

It was a simple question .... with nothing to do with that.

And with Hawks in the doldrums I am a hockey fan. One of my pet peeves is the embellishers around the league and how easily they can sell shit to naive refs.

Now, are you going to give an answer or would you rather put a label on the poster. Never mind I already know the answer.
Its the game within the game, Bobby.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
He was always a douche.

Its the game within the game, Bobby.
Of course it is. It is one of the reasons I would applaud if more ex-players turned to officiating. Obviously, many of the current refs have no idea they're so often duped. Anyone remember ex-player Paul Stewart. He was one of the better refs and players knew they would have trouble fooling him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad