OT: NHL All-Time Draft

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Hello from the NYR Boards. Life without hockey's been somewhat boring lately, as I'm sure you're all aware, so I decided to do something to pass the time. Namely, an All-Time draft. The rules of such a draft are as follows:

1. Every team gets a single pick, and the draft order follows the standings as of 3/20/2020 (the first day of the draft), which will be posted in a follow-up post in the thread below. So even if a team traded its 1st Round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft, they still get a choice in this draft.
2. All retired/inactive NHL players are considered eligible for this draft (including guys playing overseas like Jagr). All active NHL players, as well as players whose rights are owned by an NHL team, are ineligible
3. It is assumed that player abilities are "up-to-date" with the modern game, so a player like Eddie Shore who played in a far different NHL will not be at a disadvantage compared to say Wayne Gretzky or Jaromir Jagr
4. All players will be drafted into the organization at the age of 18, similar to the NHL Entry Draft
5. It is assumed that players will have a similar ceiling to during their playing career, and have the ability to reach said ceiling, although this is not guaranteed
6. I'll give 2-3 days for votes to come in before the next team goes on the clock.
7. Bonus points for explaining how this might affect the team's present and future, though this is by no means obligatory

Detroit, you are now on the clock with the 1st pick in the 2020 NHL All-Time Draft!

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
1. Detroit Red Wings- On the Clock
2. Ottawa Senators-
3. San Jose Sharks-
4. Los Angeles Kings-
5. Anaheim Ducks-
6. New Jersey Devils-
7. Buffalo Sabres-
8. Montreal Canadiens-
9. Chicago Blackhawks-
10. Arizona Coyotes-
11. Minnesota Wild-
12. Vancouver Canucks-
13. Nashville Predators-
14. Florida Panthers-
15. Calgary Flames-
16. New York Rangers-
17. Winnipeg Jets-
18. New York Islanders-
19. Columbus Blue Jackets-
20. Toronto Maple Leafs-
21. Carolina Hurricanes-
22. Dallas Stars-
23. Edmonton Oilers-
24. Vegas Golden Knights-
25. Pittsburgh Penguins-
26. Philadelphia Flyers-
27. Washington Capitals-
28. Tampa Bay Lightning-
29. Colorado Avalanche-
30. St Louis Blues-
31. Boston Bruins-

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
For the #1 overall pick, the Detroit Red Wings select Eric Lindros!

[since nobody else is doing it I'm gonna be nice and give the serious answer to avoid ruining this guys idea]: Wayne Gretzky

It's almost 100% obvious who you mean, but I'll go ahead and clarify for you:
He means Claude.
GretaThunbergHowDareYou.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Gretzky, they did just do this on The Athletic podcast and Iyer tried his best to sell Hasek if they were all in their prime.

I think it has to be Gretzky though.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Gretzky, they did just do this on The Athletic podcast and Iyer tried his best to sell Hasek if they were all in their prime.

Didn't know they did it on the Athletic. Did this a couple years ago with some friends, and came across it in facebook memories lol

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's gonna suck we won't get Yzerman, Howe, or Lidstrom to fall to the 2nd round, but Gretzky is the actual choice here.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

I like Iyer for the most part, but hes absolutely one of those smartest in the room, advanced stats, go against the norm type of guys. I think he sometimes forgets hockey isnt played on a spreadsheet. Theres no argument for anyone other than Grezky here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad