NHL 2K10 is better than NHL 21

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Stop getting so hostile, you are just proving my point. Have a great night.

Says the guy who came in here to troll a discussion when someone said they enjoyed a 2K game more than EA’s. Seems like a hot button issue for you that you go on the defensive when someone dares to make such a suggestion. Next time, don’t speak out of turn.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Says the guy who came in here to troll a discussion when someone said they enjoyed a 2K game more than EA’s. Seems like a hot button issue for you that you go on the defensive when someone dares to make such a suggestion. Next time, don’t speak out of turn.
But yet...who is getting all riled up lol. It's just a video game, relax.

ResearchFlatEarth

Jul 27, 2021
I never played 2K10 but what did the franchise mode have?
The franchise mode wasn't very good, just bare bones, there was a weird glitch where if you waited until the very last day of free agency you could sign any remaining free agents to a 15 year deal at around a $700'000 league minimum per year. And there were good players left unsigned too, year after year there would be a bunch of star players unsigned because every team was up against the salary cap. Yeah the 2K franchise mode stinks, but the gameplay is solid, it feels like real hockey. There's a person named DJ-Neo who made a 2K mod for computer.

Boeser Fan

Jun 23, 2018
No skill stick and constant freezing awful graphics even for 2009, despite our justified frustrations with EA let's not have inaccurate revisionist history please.

EDIT also the earth is round. Don't be silly like Kyrie.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable
Mar 12, 2009
2k started the trend of more or less releasing the same game but with a roster update after a while...but they at one point at least charged like half price for their new release, unlike EA.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I was a 2K gamer for many years, up until either 2008, or 2009, then went back to EA. I do agree that the current games have been trending the wrong direction. Many of the good things that were being done then are long gone. NHL can still play a decent game, but it’s sad to think how much better it should be by now

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
The game sucks because everyone gets NHL level skills like shooting, skating, puck control but no one knows how to play defence which is 96% positioning and requires actual hockey IQ. Not to mention they increased shot accuracy and power while decreasing pass interceptions this year so yeah it’s cross crease mania. Goalie is incredibly hard to play this year because if you play deep you get sniped and if you cut the angle your defence will let every pass through setting up one timers and cross creases.

Forceberg

Mar 9, 2012
The best version of a NHL game is from EA Sports and is NHL 96.
Forget the graphics, but that game made the most fun.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The game sucks because everyone gets NHL level skills like shooting, skating, puck control but no one knows how to play defence which is 96% positioning and requires actual hockey IQ. Not to mention they increased shot accuracy and power while decreasing pass interceptions this year so yeah it’s cross crease mania. Goalie is incredibly hard to play this year because if you play deep you get sniped and if you cut the angle your defence will let every pass through setting up one timers and cross creases.

The main issue with cross crease goals is that the puck can go through 4 peoples’ legs cleanly and the AI has 0 ability to intercept passes.

If you’re not the one actively defending the cross ice pass, you’re f***ed every time.

Reactions: longtime lurker

ResearchFlatEarth

Jul 27, 2021
I bought NHL 2K7 for PS3 last week, I found it on eBay for five dollars. It's fantastic, I actually like it more than NHL 2k10. The presentation value alone is worth giving it a try, 2K worked really hard to make it feel like a sports broadcast. The commentary is the best of any NHL game I've heard, that is in part because Bob Cole and Harry Neale are my favourites, they're kind of like the Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan of hockey. This game is so fun, and when you play it you'll realise just how truly awful and lazy ea sports are, that company deserves to go out of business.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I bought NHL 2K7 for PS3 last week, I found it on eBay for five dollars. It's fantastic, I actually like it more than NHL 2k10. The presentation value alone is worth giving it a try, 2K worked really hard to make it feel like a sports broadcast. The commentary is the best of any NHL game I've heard, that is in part because Bob Cole and Harry Neale are my favourites, they're kind of like the Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan of hockey. This game is so fun, and when you play it you'll realise just how truly awful and lazy ea sports are, that company deserves to go out of business.

let us know how franchise/dynasty mode goes.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
I liked the 2k series, in fact I didn't even buy any EA NHL games for years because I liked 2k better. But once things shifted to Xbox 360 EA was far superior. NHL 09 was a gigantic upgrade

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
No one else touches NHL games because it doesn't have a big enough market. It's not a product you'd get value out of

Unfortunately, you're right. Hockey is pretty much a niche sport outside of Canada. Which kind of surprises me that there were two NHL video game franchises to begin with. They were just splitting the share of an already small pie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad