Rosters and Ratings: NHL 22 Roster Sharing!

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
Hello, I used to use this form a lot in university when I was a PC gamer and playing the NHL series. I have been a huge NHL player since 1992. I also have OCD roster editing inside me since playing Wayne Gretzky Hockey Simulator on my PC way back in the late 1980's. I am in my mid 40's and I am a Teacher. I spend tons of time creating All-Time Rosters for NHL 22. I have made all-time rosters for NHL 2002, NHL 2014, NHL 2020 and now working on NHL 2022. I believe my rosters are amazing and my friends that I have grown up with can attest to that. I have never shared them online really before and I am taking their advice to try that this year. If you really enjoy the rosters (I work extremely hard on them) it would be nice and kind if you could send me $1 to [email protected]

My user ID is Napes39 MT79 and I will be uploading my roster today around noon. It is an on-going process but I am about 60% of the way through. I just started in early December and I have already spent over 100 hours on them.

My process: I focus on NHL & AHL rosters to complete each Organization in FULL DETAIL
1. Free Agents - I take all the no name players (that no one really cares about) in the free agency section and I move them to SEL, CHL, and International Teams (where they are all scratched) so they are out of the way for player movement time.

2. Movement of Players to Proper Teams (for all time rosters) - I then go through every player and put them on the NHL organization they have played the majority of their games for. Now I needed to have a black or white rule for this process. I did not want to get into internal arguments with myself for hours about what team players should be on, so I followed this rule. For example, Doug Gilmour played 393 games with Toronto and 384 with St. Louis, so he is on Toronto. Now even with that being said, there are a few players that are really tough to decide on, Adam Oates and Pierre Turgeon are two examples that I can think of. Again, if you have an issue with any decisions we can discuss and I could make a change.

3. Creation of Many Old Players

4. Re-Editing All Players to Make the ALL-TIME Rosters Make Sense - You can make all-time rosters and not have to complete overhaul all the player rankings. You can't have Hall of Fame players and today's good players share the same overall ratings. I usually go by this system
65-70 - AHL for lifers
71-74 - AHL good players with small tastes of the NHL
75-79 - 3rd and 4th liners in the NHL
80-83 - 3rd liners with some talent
84-87 - all-star players, 2nd liners
88-92 - hall of famers
93-99 - the best of the best

5. EDIT ALL THE GOALIES IN NHL & AHL According to System
6. EDIT ALL THE DEFENSE IN NHL & AHL According to System
7. EDIT ALL THE FORWARDS IN NHL & AHL According to System

9. EDIT LINES, JERSEY #'s AND ROSTER SIZES (23 for NHL, 25 for AHL) for ALL NHL AND AHL TEAMS

9. REVIEW - MAKE A FEW PLAYERS (FINAL REQUESTS)

10. DONE

- I am posting my current progress around noon EST today (January 8th, 2022)
- If you appreciate them please send $1 to [email protected]
- If you have any requests for player adds please let me know as well

Two Key Notes:
1)When creating all-time rosters I focus on players I remember from the 1960's on. I am not a huge fan of putting in players from the 1920's and 30's that no one of this era has ever watched.
2) On SEATTLE and LAS VEGAS, I have 6 of my friends on each team, you might want to delete them from the game - One was my best friend, a former Cop who passed away. If you could keep him alive in the game I would really appreciate it (Mike Thompson on Vegas) so his legacy can live on...

Thank you for reading this,

I take great pride in my work and work on this for at least two hours a day when my work responsibilities are completed.

for which console is this for?

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Hoping to see some cool historic rosters. Thinking WHA, 72 Summit, past WJC tournaments etc.

I did a 72 Summit Series set for NHL 98, still have my ratings and notes. One of these weekends I'll put it up.

Reactions: Lions67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad