Rosters and Ratings: NHL 22 Roster Sharing!

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
I'll probably attempt to do a fairly thorough update myself after I dive into Franchise mode and EASHL a bit

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So how does the actual sharing work? I create my custom roster, save it, and then what?

Ryan_Habs_16

Jul 18, 2004
I am not sure I fully understand what this means. Does this mean, for example, I can save rosters from nhl 20 or 21 and upload them to nhl 22? I ask this because I read an article that stated rosters from previous seasons could be used.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I am not sure I fully understand what this means. Does this mean, for example, I can save rosters from nhl 20 or 21 and upload them to nhl 22? I ask this because I read an article that stated rosters from previous seasons could be used.
People will upload custom rosters and you will be able to download them.

For example, someone will probably make a custom file of NHL rosters from 1992 or something. That means you can download that roster and do a GM mode using NHL rosters from the 90s. People will also most likely adjust the ratings from this year to make them more accurate so you have better sims

it’s a huge win and if it’s actually implemented I’ll be buying my first NHL since 14

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It would be nice to also have custom draft classes like you can in 2k, but I imagine they aren't quite ready for that yet.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
It would be nice to also have custom draft classes like you can in 2k, but I imagine they aren't quite ready for that yet.
You can add draft eligible players in the game.

Meaning the shared rosters can have players as young as 16 years old.

So you can have the top prospects for the next few drafts. Not quite the same as 2K, but close enough.

Sep 19, 2008
They need it now. Every year they drop one update at launch which doesn't even have players who played in ncaa or khl the prior season. Then they don't update that roster for a month. One year eichel wasn't even in the game at Launch :huh:

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
It says it won’t be available till December unfortunately; i’ll probably purchase the game now because of this but i’ll be waiting for this feature to be released.
my guess is with all the new physics, move to frostbite, and moving to the next gen they just didn't have to time to get roster sharing done before the release and they didn't want to rush it. it'll be nice to have it

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
The one thing I’m looking forward to is that someone is going to upload a roster with players overall adjusted. Can’t wait to actually have 4th line players actually rated as 4th line players.
OSFM has been doing this for Show for years and they do a stellar job. Here's to hoping.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
This might tank NHL 23 sales if it’s a weak game and people only want updated rosters, but great news otherwise!

I'm hoping the addition of roster sharing coinciding with the first edition of the game on a new engine implies a different development direction.

AKA maybe not next year, but soon, the yearly release schedule will turn into a patch system similar to most games now. This would 1) probably help with their budget and 2) modernize the company. I'd even be fine if a yearly or every 6 month patch was released as "DLC" with a small price, and cosmetics or whatever to support the game. A much more typical online game style and the roster sharing coming with the newest team means they don't have to worry so much about roster updates, team members being committed to that work, blah blah.

Reactions: Leafs87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad